Saving On Gas

Discussion in Utilities started by Gad • Jun 15, 2017.

1. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    The prices of refilling gas cylinders have shot at a very high rate in my country. It has resulted to seeking for ways to minimise my usage and make my gas last longer. My gas usually lasts 3 months. I have opted to start buying already boiled grains to save on my energy. The grains include, beans, green grams and peas. I used to boil them and this made my gas deplete at a fast rate. There is a meal we call githeri. It consists of a mixture of both beans and maize. It consumes a lot of heat before it is ready. However, since we have vendors near my home who cook it using other forms of heat and sell it in small quantities, I have resulted to buying it and frying it when I get home. Now my gas stays for around 4 months and I save a lot.

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is something that is hard to do but every little bit counts especially these days. I know that our grocery store is pretty good about having gas savings when you buy food, so that helps.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This thread reminds me of the disaster last month when our gas tank was empty. There was no reserve because we had forgotten to order when the previous tank turned empty. We had to request for a quick delivery of 2 tanks. As regards saving in gas consumption, I always use the proper size of pan in cooking. Cooking one piece of fish, for example, would need a small pan while a big pan is goof for 5 pieces of fish. And when using a small pan or pot, of course, the fire should be on medium or low while for big pots or pans, high fire is appropriate for better cooking results. And not to forget, turn off the fire some 30 seconds before finishing the cooking because the pot or pan still has the heat inside even if the stove is already turned off.