Saving Money With Billiards

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jason76 • Jun 16, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    For some reason, billiards, also known as pool, has a low-life reputation. I suppose it would be due to its association with gambling. Nonetheless, unlike what the Disney movie Pinnochio movie says, :rolleyes: it can be enjoyed by decent people and children. In fact, it can be an incredibly fun family game which uses possibly as much strategy as chess or miniature golf.

Anyway, what are some ways to save money with billiards? Note, it's already cheap, assuming you're not gambling.

2. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    When you say ways to save money, I assume you mean when you're on an outing? I don't really understand your question, but I love playing pool and I always go with my friends or family, but because in our area it's usually only bars that you will find pool tables, kids can't go. I hope to be able to buy one of my own for the house one day soon. That will be fun for everybody.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I remember one year for Christmas(in the70's) getting a pool table and we had it in the dining room and certain angles, the pool stick would be hard to get a shot off-and you had to tilt your stick a bit. I played with my dad and brother a lot-and remember that it was not completely level-so this added another dimension to the game which was great fun(haha)- and its a cheap way to "blow off some steam" after school or spend some time with your family.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well one way that we used to save money was going to grandpa's house, and he had one of the best looking pool tables I have ever seen. The problem was the thing weighed about a ton so we had to get rid of it a while back, but I still love to play a game here and there for the memories, although I am not that great anymore.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    You cannot save money by playing billiard, you may lose money playing billiard because you must pay a tax for an hour or more to play a match, and I don't know what is the price in our country but here is not cheap at all, is 8 dollars for an hour, and when we play we usually play for 3 hours so, 23 dollars for playing billiard I do not think is cheap at all.