Saving Holiday And Birthday Money?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by NinetyEighty1 • Jan 26, 2018.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    To those with relatives generous enough to still give your money as you get older, what do you do with it? Do you quickly save all of it or do you spend a good chunk of it? As we get older we realize we need to be careful with how we spend my money, I use to get at least a good hundred on my birthday and spent the money on video games, toys and candy when I was younger. Know as I get a older, I think birthday and holiday money is the best chance to save and invest the given money in something good.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I make sure to spend money given as gifts such as on my birthday. I don't receive money from relatives anymore but I receive money from my parents on my birthday. Well, it is a birthday and I intend to buy something I want to make it feel I have done something useful on my birthday.

Last year November, I bought a brand new leather handbag with the birthday money I was given. I use it when I go out and it is my favorite. I know saving is good but if given without special reasons like birthdays, I will save. If given as a gift, I will spend and enjoy.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I never have enough money now especially since I'm a Senior on fixed income. Every monetary gift I get I keep in my wallet and spend it very slowly as slowly as I can. You can get what you need with cash whether it's a quick snack when you're on the go or a pack of toilet tissue which is a very important necessity. The money comes in handy. Just this past year family decided to stop giving gifts, so that's that. Enjoy cash while you can for like me maybe one day it will stop.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    It is true that the birthday and holiday money are the best methods to save, my son can be found in this situation. We give him money on its birthday, when he must go on a trip with its schoolmates, when we get our check from work and when he does different stuff near our house. Until now he has got 387 dollars.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I start saving for the birthday from the one where I celebrate. That 1 year onwards exactly I have enough money and the time for celebration. You can see that some of the time it may have money issues ups and down. But in terms of the not being the spender. It helps a lot for the saving. I think be it your birthday or the loved ones or family members birthday. It helps to save money from the start.