Saving Electricity With The Air Conditioner And Heater

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Alexandoy • Oct 9, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Save electricity by turning off the heater or air conditioner 30 minutes before leaving the room. Especially for the bedroom, the coldness or heat would not dissipate at once so you can turn off the temperature control earlier. Some people turn off their air conditioner when they leave the room. Why not turn it off earlier maybe 30 minutes before? Take advantage of the remaining cool or warm temperature in the room before leaving.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip. I usually turn off my heater after leaving it on for a half hour or so, then the shower water stays hot for 2-4 days. I don't have an air conditioner but wish I did have one. I got electric fans only. When I'm very careful with turning my heater off all the time and keeping it on only for a half hour every 2-4 days saves me a lot of money. From sixty something the bill goes down to 30 to 40 something a month!

3. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Your idea is good, but the professor tried in the school where I study and the result was not good. After 10 minutes, the room was hot. Well, I live in Brazil in northeast region where normally is hot here with temperatures, around, 27ºC~30ºC. Maybe, your idea works better in sites with average temperature lower than where I live.

4. LesY

LesYMember

Threads:
    Wow that is such a great idea, and it is so easy to do. You are completely right the warm or cold will not just disappear by turning the heater or air conditioner off unless you live in a really extreme weather which gladly it is not my case all year round.

@Vinicius Souza@Vinicius Souza I get the same hot temperature problem in summer, but maybe you can try it any other season or on a time of the day is the temperature is not that high or low.

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I agree with you. I got this habit of turning off the air conditioner earlier from my professor who always switches off 30 minutes before leaving his room. I asked him the reason behind this and he said it is to save electricity and he told all of us to follow the same. Thanks for the thread.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well i believe that you should apply that concept in life as a whole since it will help you save up on many different situations in the future.

7. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    There are other sites of Brazil where are possible to do this suggestion. However, where I live, it is extremely rare to reach low temperatures.

A solution is to put air conditioner in ventilation mode.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with the idea of turning of the devices in a reasonable time period before leaving out. It's practical that a big of energy would be saved as opposed to waiting for the appointed time to so do. If this is don't at every possible instance, then there may be a real big of savings at the end of the billing cycle

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I believe that the heater should only be used for difficult situations since it doesn't have to run all day the same for air conditioner.