Saving by booking one flight at a time.

Discussion in Travel started by Lostvalleyguy • May 18, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure how or why this works but apparently it is sometimes cheaper buy four single tickets online rather than buying one group of 4 tickets. While this may not be practical for a family vacation, it would be suitable for a group of 4 adults. With all of the online options available now, you can sometimes just book your seat, then log back in and book your friend's seat right next to you. While there is a chance that you will not be able to all sit together or may not even end up all on the same flight, generally you will know how many spots are available and as long as you are doing all the bookings at roughly the same time, you can pretty much guarantee success.

Has anyone ever tried this? Would it be worth saving a few bucks to spend a little longer online booking?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have done this with three adults and it really didn't make any difference in price for us. We just did it separately because we wanted to use different forms of payment (separate credit cards). One got a discount because she had a rewards card, but that was it unfortunately.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried booking my flight with this method. I have always booked and paid my flights altogether because I couldn't be bothered paying them separately.

One thing that I sure always do though is I will spend a week watching the flight prices before making a booking :D This method always saved me some money because I usually was able to get it cheaper than the first price shown.