Saving At The Vet Office - Some Tips For Dogs

Discussion in Pets started by Jason76 • Dec 21, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    What might be some ways save given certain situations? For instance, how do you save when the pet is younger, older? How can we save on medications the vet might prescribe or recommend? Of course, I'm assuming we won't sacrifice quality - because that would be mean.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don’t think there is a way to save on the expenses of the pets regarding medication. The anti-rabies and other vaccine shots should be availed of on schedule otherwise you put your dog at risk. We have a friend who scrimped on the shots and unfortunately his dog was afflicted with parvo virus. It’s a sad ending just because of improper frugality. We treat our dogs like family so we have no qualms in spending for them.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    The only thing I would think is to just avoid anything unnecessary that might be offered, but I never really have that issue at the vet. That is more at the real doctors office when I run into those more, which is kind of weird.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I heard about vets giving a discount is when you rescue stray cats and dogs and you are always in their clinic, I know of 2 regular pet rescuers that have gotten frequent discounts from the vet because the vets are aware that they take rescued pets there. For "regular" customers, there is no discount.