Saving a little more

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Denis Hard • May 9, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This will work only for those who use prepaid phones.

Call your friends on their home phone when you're certain they are not at home and leave them a short message telling them to call you back. Of course you can do this only once or twice for one person but if you're the sort of person with lots of friends, this could save you a substantial amount of money by the end of the month.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I used to purchase a lot of credit for my phone in the past because most of my family members were doing the same to me :D

But lately my sim card provider offer 50 minutes free calls every time I recharged $10. The best thing is that 50 minutes bonus will be used first before the credit. The bad thing is I can only use that 50 minutes free to call a number that was registered under the same sim provider :D

So I got all my family members to change their sim card providers so we can all enjoy the benefit :D

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I dont even have a land line phone anymore. Havent for over a year. My iPhone i all I need. It is my "home phone". Sometimes I use my text app to make calls. Thats free to use. I mean I text the person and they call me. Same thing though.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of online websites that offer to send free text messages, so why don't you use one of those to text your friends right? I always use them when I run out of credits. I don't really like to call people on the phone, so that option is perfect for me.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure it will work for me besides I have a prepaid plan that allows me to call others without any charge :) I think if I use the technique of letting others call me by leaving a message to call me back I will lose some of my friends or they will stop calling me or receiving my calls. No thanks , I would not like to save on this account by using this method.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Quite a great way to save funds out of the money we always spend buying credit cards. I've been that person that spends more money on credit cards that I always for pleasure calls not until I discovered the difference between business calls and that which is the reason I had to cut down on it. So, it's nice to know another way we can make those friends call us back as well.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    It's a bit cheeky isn't it as I wouldn't like to think people were doing that to me! I rarely use my landline these days as my Samsung has all my numbers readily available whereas my landline doesn't. Most of the calls I get on it are marketing calls now which I don't answer so I could probably get rid of it.

8. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Nice and funny way to save but most if not all the people I know do not use land-line anymore and still I don't bother to do the calling. In fact I always have too much.

Whenever I recharge for a data plan, my service provider gives me double the amount to call and text any number even outside its network and that is apart from the data bundle I get. So awesome that I don't Recharge for airtime anymore.

9. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I guess this option is available there, but here we do not have this option anymore...we did have it a few years ago and most people were doing the same thing, leave messages or posting fake selling announcements to receive many calls.

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have to resort to that. I load up with a $4 combo on a monthly basis and I get 5 hours of tri-network and landline calls, 1,000 text to all networks, unlimited texting to the same network and free FB, viber, messenger, etc. These are more than enough for my needs. Besides that, we have a landline at home and at the office so I can make the call for free. Fortunately, none of my friends or relatives do that to me as we are all using the same network and prepaid load card.

11. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    When I have an access to wifi, I use VOIP service to make calls. This saves a lot of money on telephone bills. If I have to deliever a short message, I will use text messaging system instead of making calls. This also saves a lot of money. Another way to save money on telephone is by using voice call pacakges from your service provider, if any. (My service provide offers value voice packs.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    HA ha.. I wonder if it works for me anyway. Here not all people used to keep those messages service. Personally I am having prepaid plan with unlimited outgoing call. So I am paying certain amount monthly and I can do as many as call I like. So I guess no need to go for something like this. It can work for others who having this service.