Satellite and Cable worth it?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Miaka_M • Apr 4, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    i am someone who doesn't spend much time watching television and yet my family still wants it. No one is at home to watch the television really either, we're either busy with school, work or both. When we have free time we usually go on our laptops and watch things there. The internet has so many different viewing options for almost everything now and I don't think we really need the television. Do you (as a customer) really think that satellite and cable TV is really worth what we're being asked to pay?

2. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    I think the satellite tv services are way overpriced. My room mate loves to watch tv and he pays an enormous amount of money for his monthly service, but he has all the movie channels. Personally, I don't watch much tv. We have about 4 tv shows per week that we watch together, so I would not pay for satellite service if I lived alone. There are plenty of shows to watch online if I am in the mood.

3. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    No. I do not think Satellite, and Cable Television are worth their monthly fee.

A lot of people feel this way. Why would i pay $100 a month for the same shows that i can watch on Netflix, and Hulu for only $7.99 a month. The internet is the worst thing that has happened to Cable, and Satellite providers.

People are starting to realize that they are not needed. There are much better, and cheaper ways to watch your favorite programs. All you need is an internet connection.

I have a feeling that in the future Cable, and Satellite providers are going to try and eliminate services like Netflix. It is hurting their business to much. Everyone is cutting the cord.

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't think it is at all worth it. I have recently moved and was going to have Sky installed but it has gone up and I was quoted £75.00 a month. I don't think this is at all worth it to watch repeats and the same programmes everyday each month. There is so much rubbish on TV these days that I would rather spend my money on something more worthwhile. It equates to £900 a year and there is so much more I could be doing with that money rather than paying for a service I would hardly use and that isn't that good.

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Just get one for the kids. Kids love watching cable and will always be telling you to get one for them. I think even if you do not watch yourself, your family will still appreciate it if you gave them the cable television.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could get the kids a Roku or the new Amazon set top box or a Hulu Plus subscription. Do they have an Xbox 360? You can use Hulu Plus, Netflix, Crackle or Youtube to stream shows on your TV.
    It's cheaper to subscribe to Hulu Plus than most cable companies, even though it's streaming video.

7. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I've heard of Amazon's although I haven't checked it out as of yet. Thank you for the reminder because I currently have cable and I agree that it is far too expensive for what you get. There are really only a certain number of channels that I watch and the cable and satellite companies set their packages up that way purposely so that you have to order a better package to get what you want. I don't subscribe to any of the premium channels either, which will pretty much double a person’s bill and to me I'm still paying too much just to have the regular channels that I want.

8. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I believe cable charges way to much for their services. Every month they were adding fees after fees so I switched to satellite. Satellite charges an ok fee as I don't feel I should have to turn to my computer to watch a TV show. I do, however, believe that I'm going to look into another and cheaper service because we bought a smart tv that connects to Internet or wifi if we turn it on to. I just don't think having to watch TV on a small computer screen is good for the eyes.