Same Or New Locations?

Discussion in Travel started by to7update • May 12, 2017.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Is this the place? :)

[​IMG]

Yeah, we all have such places, but at the same time, when we don't visit some new places we never know if we can't find locations we love as much or even more. :)

#21May 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017
  2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In my case, I would most likely to visit another places than returning to the place which I already had been visited. I want to experience new things, expose to new environments, and new atmosphere. That is if my budget so guarantees. We had the same situation as far as traveling is concerned.

However, I would be glad to join with my friends and even my family in going to the places which I already gone too. I would serve as their guide for that matter.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I quite enjoy new experiences. I think of them as adventures. On the other hand, I can save more money by visiting places I've already been since I know the layout better. I know the quickest routes to things I want to see and do, so that saves on gas money. I know the best places to stay and the best places to eat or go for entertainment purposes, so I can get the best value for my money.

I like to do the "tourist at home" thing as well (or close to home). There are many fun things to do and see that are nearby. I like to take advantage of such opportunities.

Longer trips and going someplace new can be exciting too though. I guess there are trade-offs for everything.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update Yes, That's one of the places in Hardwar where most people go but my favorite points are different in this world famous city where you can spend thousands of dollars in a day or spend nothing for your food and lodging still live a decent life. However, I go there often while back in India and spend my weekends. Have a look at this link please- Not a ref link-

#24May 17, 2017
  5. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, spend thousands of dollars per day, you are living the life my friend! :p

Yeah, in most cities we can do that according to our budget. Thanks for sharing that link, it's a good quality page, and it's possible to know a lot about the city there.

[​IMG]

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I said you can spend thousands of dollars but at the same time you can live there without spending a single dollar. I belong to neither of these two categories but spend as much as I must. However, I only meant that there are good visiting points in this city where you can spend good quality time in peaceful environment.

#26May 18, 2017
  7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I understood what you mean, and I am with you, I can't spend 1000 per day, but fortunately I can spend more than 0. It's all about income, we only spend what we can afford, and the more we earn, the more we tend to spend, it's just a natural adjustment.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update The fact is that billionaires donate huge amounts on religious charity in this city for public's welfare including free lodging and boarding . In fact one can lve here for their whole life without spending a single dollar in places called Ashrams and charitable residence. But at the same time people spend lots of money in Yoga center especially run for foreign tourists and rich people of India.

#28May 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    People like Bill Gates own more money that they can imagine, so they can indeed help the world, and the world certainly needs help.

The thing is we all want to live better, and when making the choice to live better or help others, we usually go for the first option.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to go to new places as well as re visit old places. There are not too many places I have gone on a trip, that I would not want to re visit. To me, amost all places I go have something to offer. Las Vegas and Florida I have been to several times, It is fairly inexpensive for me to go to both places, and both have a lot to offer.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I like trying out new things when it comes to having a vacation. If I get the opportunity to explore a new destination that will interest me more than going back to a location I am already used to. Sometimes I think that new place could have some incredible features or moments that I need experience, and also it counts as one place I have known thereby making me someone that can boast of widely traveled.

12. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I like to go to new places. I don't like repeating things and I always want to use every opportunity I get to climb to another branch. Some places however really make you want to visit again.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Belovedad@Belovedad I think most of us like to go to new places but then everyone has some of their favorite places where they go repeatedly. I can say that I am one of them who never gets tired of going to some of such places time and again and never get tired visiting them rather I always feel I visited a new place because so much is happening there all the time.

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    If the accommodation was really was really satisfactory and stimulating they I would be inclined to revisit that place during my next outing. I know it can be rewarding to get to know different places that could possibly offer a new and more exciting experience.However, knowing that the property that I might be planning to revisit had fulfilled my or exceeded my expectations. I would be prepared to stick to what I already know instead of chancing possible dissapointment

15. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe you just liked the place a lot the first go around, and got use to the language, so you can adjust to it a bit more easily the second time. But things change so much these days,the people you liked are long gone or the cost of living has gone way up there. That first rush of adrenalin is gone now, when returning to the same old places,so you could seek new places out. Sometimes you don't connect with the city the next go around either as well because it has changed to much,and it has become quite expensive?

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Of course it is always a good idea to visit the place that you have visited before if you love it so much and you are "in love" with the place. Visiting new places is good too since you will get to explore new scenery, but you also would be taking a risk if the experience you would have in that place would be spoiled or unpleasant, so if you want to enjoy your trip 100% then go to a place that you have already visited.