Running Clothes.

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Casiox • Aug 9, 2016.

1. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Hey there, I was wondering if it does really make any difference when it comes to the clothes we wear whilst running, is it actually an important thing to have or it's just something people use for comfortability and nothing else? What do you think?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you run seriously as in for a marathon or long distance than it can make a difference. Having dri-flow tops allows the sweat to evaporate so you don't feel uncomfortable and hot, and that can make the difference between sweat tops or joggers that hold in moisture and could slow you down.

Also heavy cotton t-shirts weigh more when wet, so consider that if yo are running log distances, the less weight you carry the faster you can go. The same applies for socks, there is nothing worse than damp heavy socks and trying to run.

3. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, you're somehow right with that you've stated above, however, I do not really consider using that kind of clothes way too relevant since I will not be running professionally, it's just something I will do for fun and because I would like to work out a little bit and enhance my performance when running and whatnot, thank you for your opinion though.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to the issue of running clothes, comfort and durability are primary concerns. For one, they should be light and able to absorb sweat as well as have the ability to function in all weather. They should also be able to clean easily and to dry.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think yes the clothes you wear during running makes their impact. If you are wearing too tight or too loose clothes you will not feel comfortable besides the clothes should be sweat observant so you do not feel uncomfortable. During winters the clothes should be warm but light at the same time.

6. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    Wear a breathable top (e.g. Goretex, Under Armour), breathable running shorts, double-layered socks (to prevent blisters). Main thing is that you want to be comfortable, so don't wear anything tight. Avoid cotton (it soaks up sweat and weighs you down).

You also have to consider the fact that the temperature outside is different from how you will feel after only 10 minutes. So don't dress to how you feel at the start, but to when you're body temperature is higher.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would say it's all about the comfort. I feel good wearing light weight shirts and shorts. Anything breathable will do I think what we have to be most concerned about is the foot wear, the style of the shoe must be suitable for running and if they are light weight then it's a plus. Make sure the shoe is soft and not too thick to prevent from sweating too much.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go for runs and I was comfortable using clothing that have little wind resistance. I don't think you need any special suit for casual runs. Just use a loose shirt and comfortable shorts or pants. I would suggest a regular t-shirt and sweat pants. Just wear running sneakers and you're good to go.

9. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is true when you are a regular runner for sports, you have a uniform comfortable for such sports. Well, for the sake of maintaining your body resistance and health condition, you may wear anything that is also comfortable for you. Running clothes, for me, may be less important than that the pair of shoes you wear for they could may affect your feet if they're not fit for running activity.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a regular runner for years and do everything properly. Your workout and running clothes are as important for your health as the workouts themselves. If you do not use proper clothes for a particular sport/running/workout you may not get full benefit for your effort. There are certain scientific reasons behind particular clothes for particular sports clothes.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think the most important thing when it comes to your running gear would be a pair of running shoes that really fit and feel good on your feet, because shoes that do not fit right, are one of the biggest causes of injuries when it come to running. Also make sure you have some well cushioned shoes that are designed for running, and make sure they fit your feet- also you might want to replace your old shoes because the cushioning could be quite worned out as well.

12. Jenny Dio

Jenny DioNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, surely they make a difference for running it may be marathon or if you are just doing jogging I think running wear is necessary because comfortability and durability means a lot during running. Every person need comfort wear while doing exercise at home or at gym or even if they are running. Even I use to wear my gym leggings and tops during my workout session.