Roadside Vendors Sells Higher

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • May 28, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We were on our way to a swimming pool resort last weekend when we saw the roadside vendors selling the delicacy called espasol. The price tag was 2 for 100 bucks. We hesitated because it might be old stock so we proceeded. Upon reaching the resort, there were some vendors in the parking lot. And guess what? They were selling espasol at 3 for 100 bucks. Truly it’s a rip off when you buy from the roadside vendor. And vendors in the resort have a guarantee of freshness of their merchandise.

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    In my observation, the products sold by roadside vendors are cheaper in price as well as quality. Usually, I avoid buying from roadside vendors. Since the products sold by roadside vendors are exposed to sun and dust, the items that are beings sold look old. Having said that sometimes I buy from roadside vendors. This happens usually when I am on low budget.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It seems to me that the roadside vendors tend to sell for a bit less because they are mostly at a disadvantage that the sellers that are on the premises. Many of the visitors a bussed or driven into the premises upon arrival, therefore, the first sellers that they might encounter are those on the premises who would then enjoy first preference. The roadside vendors would have to a harder task to be competitive, hence, they usually try to discount as much as they can to capture as many sales as is possible.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Surprising!
    My experience is just the opposite. I've found that the roadside vendors sell in cheaper price. The same product when comes to malls , resorts or to high end places, becomes higher in prices.
    When we go for a long drive, we buy fruits, vegetables, potteries from the roadside vendors. These are way cheaper than those of sophisticated places.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I have to disagree with you all. Note, roadside vendors have a reputation to uphold. Therefore, if it's known they're selling crap, then they could lose business. Anyway, I would sometimes eat from roadside vendors in South Korea and there was never an instance of eating inferior food. In fact, the stuff was awesome. There was stuff like boiled eggs, fried chicken, and bbq meat on a stick.