Roadside Assistance On Your Auto Insurance

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by PunkinPie • May 6, 2015.

1. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    Almost every car insurance company out there offers a type of road side assistance coverage for very little extra cost. A lot of people purchase a AAA roadside assistance policy on its own. You don't have to do that if you have an insurance company that offers the coverage. I personally added the coverage to my policy for $3 a month. Well worth it if you ask me! The coverage will pay for towing, key lockout, gas, etc. The peace of mind is worth the $3 a month in my opinion.

This is something you should ask your agent about today. Its worth the money and cheaper than a roadside only policy by itself.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that is really cheap. I personally use AARP auto insurance policy which is quite cheap as well. I think it is only 12 dollars per year or thereabouts and includes a 100 dollar tow. 3 dollars a month isn't bad, but I think AARP is less. ALso, some of those roadside insurance policies don't cover a lot. AAA despite being one of the most expensive, offers the least amount of miles for a tow. Now even some cellphone companies offer roadside assistance.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me the coverage the roadside service provides is more important than the price. Some services provide all most no services at all and are not worth the money paid for them. I want a service that will replace a tire if needed, bring gas and unlock me if I lose my keys. I do not want to have to pay for a tow and then get the money back, I want it covered in the service fee.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to live in an apartment complex that provided free roadside assistance to residents, within 3 or 5 miles of the complex. I can't remember if it was 3 or 5 miles, but at the time, I worked within the perimeter. The main road where both the complex and my job were located was under construction, and one year, during Christmas week, I had 3 flat tires, due to the construction debris. The service came to my workplace and changed my tired all 3 times, at no cost to me. That is one of the things I miss the most about living there.

I do have the rider on my car insurance, but I have to pay for the tow truck...not when they tow it, but when it's picked up from the repair location, then submit it for reimbursement, which is a pain. I haven't had to do it in a while, but I would definitely appreciate not having to pay that and then submit the bill to the insurance company. I also had roadside assistance on my cell phone bill when I had Sprint. I don't recall if that was pay up front and then submit, or how exactly it worked.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I have roadside assistance but I'm not entirely sure of the cost or what exactly it covers. I don't think it's quite as low as $3 per month but it's definitely affordable. I would recommend everyone purchase the add on policy. You never know when an emergency will occur. Having your tows paid for alone is a really good deal. Just about every vehicle breaks down at some point, so its a good thing to have just in case.