Road Travelling At Night

Discussion in Travel started by naruto100 • Feb 19, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I found it best. I can drive for whole night without feel like sleeping. For long distance journeys I prefer night driving only. The biggest benefit of it is I found lowest traffic at the night on highway so that I can travel fast and without any problem.

I know it can be risky. But I think it is depend on person. If one can drive without any problem like not feel sleepy at all then I think it should be fine. But if anyone have doubt in mind then better not to try. What you think about it?

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with your point that at night highways would be usually empty and we can drive comfortably and also save money on fuel consumption. But in our area it is not advisable to drive alone at night especially on highways. There are many untoward incidents happening at highways at night. It doesn't matter if we are inside a vehicle or not.

Moreover, at night I usually get headache facing high beam lights of approaching vehicles. They never dim the lights and that often cause accidents on highways. At night it is also not easy to get help as roads are almost empty and you can hardly find any pedestrians either. So I usually avoid night driving particularly on highways.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is good for you that you could sustain a long travel at night without getting sleepy and you are right there is less traffic while traveling at night. I am not a driver nor I know how to drive a car. However, I have again a phobia while traveling at night in public utility bus. Our bus got a flat tire and it took us several hours to get transported by a rescue bus. The vehicle that we rode didn't have any spare tire and the driver didn't have any means of communication either a mobile phone or a pager or whatever. The place where we stranded was notoriously frequented by lawless elements. Imagine how terribly were bothered for that situation.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to travel at night. :(

I think the time is very inappropriate and kinda dangerous (not to mention the fact that traveling at night makes me very tired more easily :rolleyes:).

I always enjoy traveling in the mornings or evenings. :)

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @luckycharm@luckycharm In that case such areas should be avoided. And yes if someone is not comfortable with the lights then night driving is not for them. But yes there are certain benefits of it too.

@Nakitakona@Nakitakona Well even I am not driver, But yes I can easily drive at night.
    About situation you mentioned, yes that kind of experience is like nightmare. That is the disadvantage of night driving. We can't find help if we face any problem. That's why we used to keep all necessary things with us.

@Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit It is totally depends on the person. Even I know many people who mostly avoid driving at night.

#5Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I feel sleepy at night unless it is a group of friends. Otherwise it gets boring travelling at night.

It helps a lot though on saving fuel as you can cut down on traffic and move faster.

If you are having visual problems or your car is not upto the mark then night journeys are beat avoided.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady Yes if those are the cases then better we avoid night driving, as it can create problems. Yes sometimes alone driving is boring. But I manage it somehow. I remember when I had drive for whole night when everyone in the car were sleeping. Normally I can't wake up for late nights. But when it times to drive, I wonder I can do it for sure.

#7Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Yes, highways are fine for traveling by your own car during night but if you're traveling o single roads I would suggest you to be careful. I have done a lot of night traveling during my marketing days when there were no toll roads and encountered truckers which in most cases did drunk driving.

#8Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In this age of the usual heavy traffic on Metro Manila roads, it is refreshing to drive at night. I envy those working in the graveyard shift because they leave for work when the traffic is easing at night and they come home when there is not much traffic yet. However, night driving is prone to accidents. Besides, you cannot just drive at night when you need to drive in the daytime like if your job is in the daytime.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well driving at night is very comfortable and cool, so you don't use fuel for air conditioning. If you feel safe, have a smartphone or cell, can handle it well why not. Like everyone knows it's certainly a lot lighter traffic at night and you reach your destination a lot faster too. The only thing I worry about is safe restrooms. Me I like to travel by day and sleep by night.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not crazy abut traveling at night,but maybe the early morning when its still dark,is a good time to get a head start to the day and its easy to get on the road because its quite cool. I can think of a lot of reasons to travel at night though like the cooler temperatures and there is less traffic as well, and also when the kids are asleep there is a lot more peace while driving.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If the streets are well lighted then I am good to go driving at night. I really need those street lights fully on to enjoy my ride at night. The fact these days I try as much as possible to avoid driving at nights especially along roads not well demarcated or the light systems are poor. Making good distance judgement is sometimes hard for me at night and when an on coming car in the opposite lane shines light it's terrible.

13. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    I love traveling at night. I usually do that sometimes when I travel to far places to save one night of staying in a hotel. In my country, in the city, it's still traffic during night time. The preferred smooth-travel time here is before 6 am or after 12 midnight.

14. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like it. I naturally become less responsive during the night time and most others do too so I get uneasy travelling at night. Other than that, it can be fun sometimes because the place is cool and there is not a lot of congestion on the road.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @tonyb@tonyb I am good if some one else or a professional driver is at driving seat but as far I am concerned I avoid driving at night. I feel it's more heavy traffic on roads as all the truckers prefer driving doing night time and if you knew our truckers (most of them at least half drunk) you would agree with my point. I prefer early hour driving when there is least traffic on the roads.

16. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Road trip at night sounds quite unsafe. What if we get caught by someone?