Rewards Credit Cards

Discussion in Credit Cards started by cluckeyo • May 24, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I have more than one rewards card. Some are better than others for different reasons. I have one that I only use for balance transfers, and hopefully after this go round I will never need it again. For everyday purchases, I just switched from Discover to Chase Freedom Visa. It offers 1.5% cashback on all my purchases. that's the best I've found. I have several ways of earning cash rewards and I am going to tally them all up after a year and see how much I make. It can be substantial. In the age of miserably low interest rates at the bank, credit card cash back rewards are a way of recuperating a little bit.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's good to have different credit card reward programs so you can compare them. I like rewards programs that gives you options to choose from for your rewards. Credit card rewards programs are easy to understand and use. If you have any questions all you have to do is ask the card's customer service and they are kind and happy to help you. These credit card rewards programs are new to our household. But we adjust and love the rewards program now that we understand them. It's so nice to have a reward's program just for using your credit card!

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used a rewards credit card. In fact I have not even heard about reward credit card. I will have to find more on reward credit card.When I shop online I use paypal and when I shop offline I use cash or debit card.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it would be a wise move to use the points you earned from your credit card rewards program to pay your credit card bills. Of course the rules would vary from one credit card company to another. However, if it's possible to get a rebate from the points you accumulated, it would be good to use it for that purpose. That way, you don't have to worry about your impending bill.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have read about this so-called a credit card that earns points or rewards for every purchases made. I have a debit card but I think it is not eligible to earn a reward from purchases made unlike the credit cards. Long before it was my plan to get a credit card for easy purchases. But later I have read from other testimonies that they couldn't get away from exorbitant interest rates charged by the bank for their credit cards. Instead, I preferred to have a debit card. My only problem with debit card if my available balance is below the required maintenance balance by the bank. Then I have to be penalized by service charge.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Rewards credit cards are great if they actually save you money. For instance, I get 3% off my fuel purchases from a specific gasoline station using one of my credit cards. I can call that savings because fuel prices at that station are competitive. On the other hand, I can get 1.5% cash back from another card but I can only use it on store chains where prices are considerably higher than other local stores I patronize. Sometimes, the price difference can go as much as 15%. There's no reward at all for using the card.