Resort Booking Discount

Discussion in Travel started by Corzhens • May 11, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just learned recently that it is not mandatory to declare the exact number of persons who would be occupying the room that you are booking in. Normally, rooms have the standard 2 persons and an additional person means an added cost. Being friendly with the resort reception people, they advised me to just pay in advance for 4 people (for the 2 rooms) and they will just charge later (when we check out) the additional persons.

We stayed in the classy resort for 2 nights with the charge of $150 per room, per night. And additional person means $50 per night. And since we followed the advice of the reception people, I just paid for the standard charge for 2 rooms and gave myself a discount.... 2 additional people for free.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have got to thank you for this important and useful advice. During the booking process, they make it seem that its mandatory to declare all the persons who will occupy the rooms so that they can apply the additional charges. I will surely seek to explore this option.

3. DanielleDavidson

DanielleDavidsonNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a great tip. I honestly never knew that. That will be something that I"m going to have to do from now on. I mean it's pretty obvious that most of these places are just trying to earn some money, but really?