Renting and prices

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by GavinMcresty • May 5, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    If you are renting where you stay, is your internet included in your rent? Do you feel that it works out as being value for money? Does your landlord provide a decent connection? Was it a major factor in deciding where to stay? The internet is included in the rent of where I am staying. However, the connection is not very good. It also demands that you login to the service if it has not been used for more than twelve hours. This is mildly inconvenient sometimes because it means other programs (such as Skype) cannot connect until you have logged in.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Internet isn't included here. I would definitely be willing to pay a little more for my rent if Internet were included, but not much more. Truth be told, Internet only adds up to be like $40 for me with my bundled package. It's worth that to know that I have a fast and secure connection.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Internet is included in the place that we're moving to, and while it wasn't a HUGE factor in deciding to live there, we do consider it a plus. I've heard mixed things about just how great the connection is, and we'll see in a few months. :)

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Internet is not included in my rent currently, and it's not included for the place I want to move to either.
    My internet is bundled with my phone and not that expensive, so I wouldn't pay more rent for a place with free internet.
    It would take something major, like electricity included, for me to choose one apartment over a similar one.
    Free internet is not a big incentive nowadays.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    We rent our place from the council so nothing is thrown in, we even have to pay extra to help keep the stairwells and lift clean even though we are on the ground floor and have no access to either of those things! I get my internet, phone and satellite through the same company so I get a cheaper deal.

6. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that free Internet isn't a very good incentive. Now, if the electric service were included, I would probably jump all over that!