Regular Taxicab Vs Expensive Uber

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • Dec 31, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In times when our car is not available, we take the taxicab. Now that Uber is getting popular, we take that as alternative when taxicab is difficult to find. However, an Uber ride is more expensive than the regular taxicab and sometimes the fare reaches more than double that of the taxicab’s. However, lately we are availing of Uber only and had seem to have forgotten the taxicab for several reason. It is difficult to find an empty taxicab and if you do, the driver would be choosy with the destination. That is frustrating to a passenger. With Uber, you get to call it via an app and there is no questions asked, you get a ride easily.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    We go through the same hassles with the regular taxi cabs here especially during the holidays they tend to disappear quite early or charge double as what they usually do, so Uber would be convinient at this time since it will be the same price anyway. I do take taxis more as I can't afford to be taking Uber constantly, that's if taxis aren't available though and we have no other option.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    On the contrary the services of Uber and Ola are giving us much better service as far fare is concerned. Uber being fixed rate service saves us from traditional cabbies who take advantage on different points. I am glad that this service charges us for our actual journey within city limit unlike traditional cabs.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here in Hawaii on Oahu there was an incident with an

I trust cabs more anyway, so I use the cab when I can't get any other ride. I usually ride the bus so when there is a late time ride I call my relatives first if they aren't available there is my pal. Then when there is no one I call a cab. I like Charlie's Taxi. They really care about you when you ride with this taxi cab. I tried others, but like Charlie's Taxi Cab the best.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about other countries or states but in my area, you don't have to wait until a taxi comes by. You can usually pay an extra 20 percent and call them so that they can go and pick you up at a certain time. You can easily take a taxi and ask for their business card. They will be glad to pick you up for a very small fee. Usually 20 percent more instead of double.

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    It's just the opposite here!
    Now that Ola and Uber have extensively captured the market share, the monopoly of auto drivers and normal taxicabs have reduced to a large extent. The fair is lesser and their taxi meters are trustworthy as well. Even just a few days back, it was difficult to deal with the rudeness of the auto drivers and their unjust demands. Thanks to Ola and Uber, things are better now.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I can see it being the other way around, too, so it is important to weigh your options. I have had times when I really wished I would have cabbed it, and others when I wish that I had not.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I go especially to attend a seminar or an official meeting to a capital, I use to take a taxi so that I could be on time. It is too embarrassing to come on late in an activity like that. I haven't experienced in an expensive taxicab. I only spend much in taxicab when it is already late in the evening and I have to go home. I have no choice but to hire a taxicab to bring me home traveling approximately 45 kilometers. I have to suffer the high cost of the fare which is beyond the regular fare coverage. I am so lucky that the taxi drivers I take are so friendly and considerate.