Really Disappointed About The Fcc Ruling Today....

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by S.O. Price • Feb 27, 2015.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    All I can say is that I hope the internet doesn't turn out like ObamaCare! In case you haven't heard, the FCC ruled today about the net neutrality issue. They basically said they ruled for it because Obama told them to.

I cannot even begin to say how disappointed I would be if this eventually slowed down the internet for everyone as a similar ruling has done over in Europe. My ISP is my main source for just about everything. My PC, my phone, my tv, etc. It already seems too slow as it is and I definitely don't want to pay more taxes on it either.

We don't need this field to become more stifled; it's about the only field that has still been growing by leaps and bounds.

2. BigBigFan

BigBigFanMember

Threads:
    I was disappointed with that ruling too, although I can't say I didn't see it coming. It boggles the mind how they think everyone will blindly shell out hundreds for a phone, hundreds more for cable and then hundreds more for internet and bandwidth and speed.

I cut my cable in favor of over the air channels + netflix some years ago and now I think it's time to shut down the "smart" phone in favor of a landline to save even more money. Having a mobile phone is a convenience for me, not a neccessity, and it's become so expensive that I hate paying for it. I could use the savings to shop for a better internet price from a reseller in my area.

Ultimately the only thing they listen to is people's money, if they don't get it they change but otherwise they don't seem to care.