Quitting Starbucks

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by DancingLady • May 29, 2015.

1. Paige Hilderbrand

Paige HilderbrandNew Member

Threads:
    I love Starbucks and their many varieties of coffee drinks, although since I have been eating clean for the past 10 months, I have barely been to a Starbucks at all. If I ever do find myself wondering into a Starbucks, it is only for an iced passion tea. I do drink coffee, but I have started drinking it black, and at home. It is much cheaper and healthier that way. The prices there are ridiculous, $8 for a medium Frappuccino?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never started Starbucks, so I never had to quit. I don't think their coffee is even all that, and it's too expensive to boot. I'd much prefer a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee anyway, if I were to grab a cup of fast food coffee. It costs less and tastes way better.

I was gifted a package of Starbucks coffee once, the kind you make at home, so I used it. Frankly, it's never been my favorite.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, nowadays people have forgotten to write down a letter for family and friends, but to thank a service is not only less common, but also a kind gesture they will appreciate.

When I read this article sometime past year, I thought they would move to introduce organic coffee as well, not just milk,

Even though is said the only real good organic soy milk has to be fermented and this seems not to be.

By the way and, as noted above, Starbucks is too expensive, but in the long run all take-out coffees are if you review your budget and how much of your money goes through this.

Better brew it at home and buy a portable (reusable) tumbler to have your coffee while on the go.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am really shocked that Starbucks does not have more health conscious foods with as big and popular as they are. I have never been fond of their coffee so I only go there when I need to. Many of the local small business coffee shops in my area have organic and gluten free items to choose from. You should have no problems finding a new favorite coffee shop.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink Starbucks because they're way too expensive, and their coffee tears up my stomach. I also much prefer Dunkin' Donuts, although I mainly make my coffee here at home. Incidentally, are y'all aware of the issue with the Starbucks app?

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting. Is there a major retailer out there that hasn't faced a mass hacking recently? Seems like every time I turn around, another one is getting hacked and consumers are left dealing with the mess!

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Am I seriously the only one that goes to coffee shops to sit down and spend a good 45 minutes to an hour relaxing, maybe reading, but just enjoying myself? I consider this time definitely worth the cost of the beverage, provided it's organic, because I can not replicate this experience at home. I also absolutely cherish the brief conversations I get to have with baristas and other regulars. The people are worth so much to me, I am just changing shops, not ending my coffee habit.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm in the UK and stopped using Starbucks ever since they were exposed for tax avoidance here. These days, I use either Costa Coffee or Caffe Nero, who do pay their taxes.

9. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    I'm not so worried about the health-related things as you seem to be, but I definitely understand it in some ways. The thing that bothers me the most is that it's not fresh. They take it out of a stand that could've been left out for God knows how long, and I saw a fly buzzing around in the display, once! I'd ordered a croissant, but quickly changed my mind - and at that point, I was a little irked by me green tea frappucino! The staff at Starbucks is always nice, however! Full of smiley people - unlike certain places that I've been to. The organic, "mom and pop" coffee shop down the way from my house sells organic coffee - but they're very rude on occassion, so I try to not go there unless I can't get to Starbucks :/ They're running off loyal customers over there!

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I just found out that the Starbucks in the other end of town closed. I don't know the exact reason but I am wondering if they were losing their customers to the local shops for some of the same reasons I have left. The building is for lease, so perhaps someone will open a brand new locally owned shop there.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like Starbucks coffe and only go there with a friend because she is really into Starbucks. I have stopped drinking coffee for awhile now do to stomach issues, something was causing my stomach to burn and it could have been the coffee.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't justify spending on one cup of Starbucks what I would normally spend on an entire bag of ground coffee, so I rarely go to Starbucks unless I get a gift card as a present.

13. Rachel Dodd

Rachel DoddNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, Starbucks is so expensive. I'm pretty sure though that almost every type of food we buy has been through some sort of chemical. I just avoid Starbucks because of the price, but I won't say things like coffee is evil or dirty, I just think that you should take your service elsewhere or it's not your cup of tea (lol). Lots of local shops make coffee just as good as Starbucks for much cheaper than most.