Price Or Quality In Hotels?

Discussion in Travel started by blurinoctober • Apr 10, 2013.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    People do tend to pay a ridiculous amount for hotels. Generally speaking, as long as it's decent and in an okay location, I'll choose the one that saves me money....I'm lucky though, my mom works for Marriot so we can stay at even their fancier hotels for 35-50 dollars a night :).

2. mbarrett

mbarrettNew Member

Threads:
    Even though I am not usually the one who decides what hotel I and my traveling partner stay at, I am content with a small, but still adequately clean and well-located hotel. I'm not the kind of person who must sleep in the best hotel around. Nor do I wish to spend a few bucks on a dirty, unkempt hotel. I prefer to pursue the middle ground and seek an affordable hotel that can accommodate my needs as a traveler.

3. kerri

kerriNew Member

Threads:

I do a lot of research and plan out every detail of my trip. I read all the reviews and check the crime rate of that area before I ever book a hotel. I will generally only stay in a hotel when I am pressed for time, and still en route from point A to point B. I feel very strongly that 4-5 star hotels charge ridiculously high rates. Perhaps if there were more discounts available, I would stay more frequently.
    Most of the time, I travel with my family on weekend getaways. I love renting a cabin or home equipped with a private hot tub and things for the children to do, and believe I receive more "bang" for my buck. Most vacation rentals also have access to playgrounds and swimming pools, and guest parking is usually right outside the door. The children won't be disturbing hotel guests, and I can save money by cooking our meals. Most people would probably ask why would I want to cook when we are on vacation. Vacations are for doing activities you love, right? My work schedule doesn't allow me to cook for them as often as I like.

4. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    While traveling it is very necessary to check the quality of the hotel.. Well the price is important too .. Therefore live in a hotel that suits your budget and gives you good quality service.

5. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Quality. I don't want to be checking into a hotel and find bugs, used sheets, and overall poor service. I could care less for price as long as the hotel is clean. However, that doesn't mean the price can be 1,000 per night.

6. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    Some people while traveling love using the best they can ever get.. However on the other hand people who travel and can't afford living in a expensive hotel would rather try for a hotel that is cost effective. So the best suggestion is to find a place that has both benefits, Service and Cost effective.

7. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I think at this point in time,I'll definitely go for quality. When I was much younger and on a vacation on budget, I stayed in a windowless room, partially because it was a last minute planned vacation and there were no decent hotels available for under $70 in Malaysia. I thought I was going to suffocate when I was in the room. Thankfully, I found a better deal two days later. There have been some good cheap hotels I've found so far on various trips but I would rather pay more to stay in a cleaner, more luxurious room.

8. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    if I'm on the go .. i would certainly like to stay in a well organized hotel not that luxurious one and even not costly to a great way but somewhere in between .. after all a quality living matters..

9. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    Every tourist have different choice of accommodations. Some of the tourists are select the budget class place and some of them select the luxury hotels for stay.

10. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I think everyone wants to go both because then you make a difference with each other whose more comfortable for you and I think quality hotel is for me, best and have fully decorated rooms also..

11. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    My policy regarding travel and hotels is that if I have the money to travel somewhere requiring me to stay at a hotel, I probably have the money to stay at a more expensive hotel, not necessarily 5 star or anything but maybe at least 3 star up to 5. I can't bear staying in awful places where you can see bugs on the floor and so on. I did that when I was smaller and I couldn't even bear being in cheap hotels now out of principle. Generally I search for a place that is less traveled if I go on vacation and a hotel that has less costumers and decent prices for decent quality, there are a few but you have to search for them a bit. I recommend looking it up on the internet before going on the trip.

12. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to find the best hotels during my travel. For this purpose I do search for it before start my tour. I can pay more for my comfortable stay but I cannot compromise on my poor room. The room should be neat, clean, airy and air conditioned. Furthermore I desired tasty food and peaceful sleep. It is my need. What you guys say can we should compromise on our stay?

13. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We normally stay at moderate priced hotels when we travel. We have a family of 6 so we usually need a suite. We expect to pay a decent amount on a hotel so we just budget for it. I love to save money but not at the cost of ruining our vacation and being miserable while were away. I tend to also stick with well known hotel chains in order to avoid any issues!!

Danyel :)

14. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    It depends, because if I'm traveling alone or with a few friends, I will be okay with a cheap hotel - but if I'm traveling with a lot of people, a quality hotel is required. Personally, I aim for quality and price, and try to get a hotel that is not too expensive but not falling apart either.