Pre-ordered Food On The Plane

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • Mar 16, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am in Japan today. On the way here, I ordered food on the plane since I forgot to include it in the ticket. Now I know that it is much cheaper if I had included my order when I paid for the ticket. This is a lesson that I have to remember because I still have 4 trips for this year. I have to review ny booking so meals on the plane will be included.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. This is very important. Not only to include the meal but also the choice of the meal.

For those who are vegetarians may find it difficult to realise that they don't have an option for themselves incase they forgot to pre-book.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had couple of bad experiences during my various travels especially in cheap airlines which do not give us food as package deal but we have to either include at the time of booking or at a later stage but prior to reaching for check-in. We are vegetarians so face even more difficulties because what they describe something with fancy names with high price tags comes out to be something really inferior or even not worth eating.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I hate having to eat during a plane trip because food is always bad.

I'm not talking about the quality, but about the seasonings... They're always bad (or am I the one who's unlucky with these things?). Anyway, I'd rather be hungry and eat when I get to my final destination.

The exception is for some very long trip (where I'm forced to eat something so I do not feel bad).

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Yes, I always had those experiences when I was on long trips as some of them were as long as 17 hours (with 1 stopover for 2 hours or so) so there was no option but to eat during travel. The non-vegetarian food is better and good variety is available but vegetarian food is nothing much at the price they provide it.

#5Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017