Planning Trips Where You Have Relatives?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Feb 20, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you don't want to spend too much or any money at all on accommodation you could visit only places where you have relatives or friends who you are certain will always welcome you. There are some people [and I'm one of them] who only visits places where they'll get free accommodation at a relatives place.

Sounds like I'm a miser but this does save me a lot of money and any of you who are willing to try it won't regret it I'm sure.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been doing this most of my life, but these days I like to have a bit of space too. I never like to out stay my welcome either, but as all my family live far away, I only get to see them once or twice a decade. I do like an excuse to visit, and it's also nice to keep in touch as there aren't many family members left.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Usually when we go someone where out of town, it is where relatives are so that we can spend some time with them. We stay with them to save money on a hotel room. It is normally for just the weekend but sometimes we have a little bit longer to stay. A few days is typically all I can stand to be in someone else's house. Once a year, we will go to someplace we have never been before and so we have to splurge on a hotel room. Especially one that has a pool since we like to go swimming when we get done with our days activity. We save up all year for this one week of luxury that we feel we deserve.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Staying with relatives does save money when traveling but you don't have as much freedom in someone's home as you do in a hotel. I prefer to stay in the hotel where I can have more peace of mind. I will visit the relative but have my own space for the peace.

5. Adoreyou!

Adoreyou!New Member

Threads:
    Well i do agree with this Pat. This is just always great to experience things like these so much. That feels really good to try things like these so much. Well i though that sometimes it's fun to live with your cousins if they are not annoying then.