Pit Bulls. Friend or Foe?

Discussion in Pets started by annagoryun • Oct 14, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Your sister got it right. It wasn't the dog's fault. I am actually rather surprised that she stepped into the middle to stop the fight. When dogs get into a fighting frenzy, they do not quite differentiate between friend and foe. The recommended way to stop a dog fight is to hit them with a pail of water. I mean hit them with the water not the pail.

Truly your sister's injuries have got nothing to do with the dogs being Pit Bulls. If she had stepped into the middle of a cat fight, she would have got injured, too.

2. Shamarv8

Shamarv8Member

Threads:
    I agree with the op. It sucks that pitbulls gets such a tough wrap. I used to volunteer at the Michigan Humane Society several years back and I remember that law actually required they be put down if they were turned in. In no way is it okay to basically type cast an entire breed of animal as violent and aggressive because of what people make them do.

3. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I am sorry but I am one of those people who doesn't like pit bulls and rottweilers. I have seen some pit bulls that are not aggressive but the ones I do see are aggressive and even though they do seem like they are nice they can change. I do think that sometimes it comes down to the owner of the dog who makes it aggressive. But sometimes they can be aggressive for no reason without being provoked or anything. My old neighbor had one and I was so happy when they moved because I was so scared, that dog used to chase people every time it broke a loose. These were nice people and they never provoked him.

#23Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Wow I wonder how many readers can relate to this bit of trivia? I actually remember Little Rascals and the dog too. But wow for me only just and I am probably well over the average age for the people here.
    One of my friends is a crusader against the pit bull law here in Ontario, Canada.
    I am not an owner but I always found them to be pretty nice dogs.

Ryder13