Phones That Have Long Battery Life

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by moneymania • Apr 29, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania I wonder why you making such big collection and that also old models!? Instead of that you should go for new phone with better specification and with latest features so that it will came to handy for your work and calling. I personally won't prefer old models or refurbished phone. I always go for new one, and they went well for me. After a year of using I sell it and go for new one.

#21Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Usually I get them as auctions in Ebay so most of them are less than $25, but I do have a $30+ one. I just feel "entertained" when I bid, and the phones come in a box with complete set so I am tempted all the more. Well most phones that I have won are the smartphones of yesterday, like the Sony Ericsson Aino, Nokia N70, Nokia 6220, etc. and I plan to use them someday lol. But yes, you're right, I ought to invest in a modern phone so that I won't be left behind, lol.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Lol, you have found really interesting way to get yourself entertained. Ha ha.

I have never tried this bidding this stuff on ebay so I don't have any more information on the same. But yes it sounds interesting as we can save bit money if our bid get approved in low cost. But do you get phone with good condition or it is just okay?

#23Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have negative perception of touchscreen phones when it comes to length of battery life thats why they issue two batteries on purchase. Unless one acquires a power bank, I would go for feature phones any day. The keypad phone can in for two days of heavy browsing.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Agree. Well for some people who can't afford high or mid end phones and would simply get a phone to use for calling and texting then these kinds of phones are a good deal for them I believe. There are also basic phones from Samsung and Nokia but they are still a bit pricey compared to the "not genuine" ones. I've seen clones and I can say that most of them are perfectly copied, you can't really tell the difference by just looking at its display and interface. Pretty cool, and scary as well.

6. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    1. OnePlus 5
    It has a quick-charging batery lasted nearly 18 hours during our lab tests, despite having a lower capacity than last year's model.
    2. Asus Zenfone 3Zoom
    Its robust battery is what's turning heads. At 5,000mAh, the battery lasted 19 hours and 50 minutes, so you won't have to juice up very frequently, even after a full day of picture-taking.
    3. Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
    During its lab test, it lasted a solid 18 hours of usage.
    4. Motorola Moto Z Play
    As the cheapest, most "midrange" phone of Lenovo's Motorola Moto Z series, we were stunned to see that the Moto Z Play not only had the longest battery life of the Z line, but of all the handsets we reviewed in 2016 and beyond. Clocking in a whopping 23 hours and 3 minutes, this handset is worth getting for the battery life alone (aside from the fact that it also works with useful modular accessories). Its Z Force counterpart didn't do so shabby either, with a time of 16 hours and 32 minutes of video playback.
    5. Samsung Galaxy A7
    With its 22-hour lab time, the Galaxy

A7 is a midrange Samsung phone that looks just like the Galaxy S7.
    6. Huawei Mate9
    Its robust 4,000mAh battery will also survive throughout the workday and then some. In our tests, it lasted 18 hours and 35 minutes easily.

So, Did your Smartphone top the list of the Longest battery saving/usage life?

#26Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Well I get tempted when I can get gadgets at a discounted price, and I also love the thrill of winning, so I bid occasionally on Ebay. Well the accesories and housing are new, and the phone works fine, although I haven't used them for more than 1 day at this point. Also I won't spend more than $80 on a refurbished phone, since I bought a $140 one and it only lasted 8 months, and at that time I had no idea it was refurbished.

@remnant@remnant, Which phone is that? My feature phone only lasts up to 6 hours of continuous net browsing. My Android lasts only 3 to 4 hours. Is your browsing continuous?

@Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail, I just learned that the original modern 3310 costs around $65 so it's not that cheap. I thought the original one only costs around $35 to $40, I guess I was wrong.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person having this ugly experience of phone running out of power fast. My android phone I got just 10 months ago is giving big issues with power, it drains out completely within 3 hours after full charge. I am not sure if the problem is from the battery or the phone itself. If I get those old model that run on symbian or java where I can be sure of longer lasting phones when charged I will gladly go for them.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Okay, I can understand that. Yes with that price you can even buy new phone. Though I am still confused if you are not using them then why you purchased them.

However if someone is looking for a phone with good battery then Lenovo P2 seems better option. It is having really good specs and Amoled display (which will eat less battery) with massive 5000 MAH battery. This can last long upto 3 days with normal usage. So good phone to have.

#29Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Right now I'm only using 2 phones, so the rest are just hidden since I won't be able to use them all at once, right? I also bought them since I like to collect things in general, so using them asap isn't a priority, lol.

Your suggestion seems a good one, I hope it costs no more than $200 over here when I finally check it out in the malls.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Well, this phone is having two version. One with 3GB RAM and another is with 4GB RAM. The one with 3GB RAM is having exactly around 200$. May be some + or -. But yes phone is quite worthy if someone wants to have long battery life and good display with good performance. It is just perfect.

#31Jul 1, 2017
  12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Do you own one already? I haven't tried using a Lenovo phone yet. Is the battery really long-lasting? How about the sound quality and camera? I read a few negative feedback about lower end Lenovo phones being not so clear when it comes to taking pictures.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Well, camera is okay, not so bad and not so good either. But its not bad for sure. About sound quality and other, its doing really well. And yes battery is the best part of it. Whatever phone we take, we need to compromise with some thing. I have check camera sample of this phone and I found them good. And other things are just perfect.

I had use lenovo phone in the past, and I found no problem in it.

#33Jul 2, 2017
  14. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Nokia's new Android Phone series seems to have longer battery life. You can find that Nokia 3 and 9 seems to be the one with good battery. Though they are kind of overpriced. Also there are is Lenovo phones that have known to have good battery performance. I have found that some phones have good backup in case if they have only 1 SIM activated. I think those phones with more than 1 SIM may not be the right in that case for battery life.

15. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    Some facebook groups in my country are selling modded batteries for a cheap price. Those people that sell them aren't official manufacturers of course, but they have a good background in hardware and such and they make the batteries out of the original battery and other phones' batteries. One group had modded a Zenfone Selfie battery which increased its battery life from 3000mah to 13000mah (original battery + zenfone max 5000mah + zenfone max 5000 mah). The only con to modded batteries is that they feel bulky, take a long time to charge, and the back covers don't usually fit after so you'll have to modify that too.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @arachnophobik@arachnophobik, I think there are too many cons in using modded batteries. I would be annoyed if the battery won't fit inside the case. It may also damage the phone in the long run.

17. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    As a One Plus 5 owner, I have to mention that I am pretty pleased with the battery life. The Dash charge is fantastic for me as I do not have to wait for long charging duration. I have not found the need for power banks for my last 2 phones from One Plus as well. My friend has a Xiaomi phone which has pretty good battery life too.

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @zolzarr@zolzarr, I have never heard of One Plus 5, but it seems like it's only available in the US. I know Xiaomi is already available here, and it's a cheap but good brand. Maybe one day I will try them out.

19. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am pretty sure that throughout my life I have never had a phone that had a good battery life. Maybe it is me being cynical but I always get the feeling that my batteries wear out a lot faster than they should and compared to otheres, but who knows. It is frustrating, though.

20. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @larryl332@larryl332, Which phone brands have you used? Nokia phones are quite famous for having long battery life. If it's an Android one or Apple then it does indeed have a short battery life.