Petition Of Demand For A Better Microwave (the Heat Map)

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by mythman • Feb 12, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Technology is amazing. Ever since it started 'going digital,' technology has improved by leaps-&-bounds, decade-after-decade ... except for the microwave. Other than its switch from rotary/clockface to push-button/digital, it has stayed fairly the same since the early `50s ... especially in knowing how long to cook food without opening the microwave & checking it every minute or so.

That's why 'this guy' (I forget the name) started working on a technology that uses infrared cameras to change the front of the microwave into a screen that shows just how hot your food as gotten. Tinkering with it on weekends for about a year, he upgraded it so that you don't even have to be in the kitchen to see your food & keep it going for another 30 seconds at a time (if you need to)!

He did some research, saw that nobody owned the patent on such a device, & bought it. Now he just needs to tell investors that there are people who would buy it if they put it out!

to help him measure that demand!

Or--if you DON'T want a better microwave--why not? :confused:

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that is really interesting. I have never thought about that before but will look into it. We did go about 2 years without using a microwave at all because we did research on some of the health hazards. However, we ended up sharing this house with people who had one and since we were sharing a kitchen as well, got roped into the convenience of it all. Now we are on our own again, but are still using one. Your post has me rethinking this.

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    A brief look at

reveals that microwaving doesn't "corrupt" your food more than any other heating-method.