Pet Stores

Discussion in Pets started by Gelsemium • Apr 13, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My kids as any other kids Love Pets, I think it's something all kids have inside. Sadly we have a small place so we can't have real pets, just the occasional goldfish, but they do love to enter pet stores and stay there for a while watching the animals. Does this happen with you too?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think all kids are naturally curious towards pets, especially if they're cute. The obvious indicator that they won't like pets as much when they grow up is when their interest starts to wane as the years go by. However, genuine pet lovers will always have a liking to have a pet companion of their preferred kind.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That happened to me, when I become an adult I started to see pets as a lot of work and as an expense, especially since I have kids. I would get a pet for them sure, but first I need to have the conditions to have it, I'd never put a dog inside a flat.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember being a kid and loving to go to those big pet stores that have many cats and dogs for sale and adoption. It's a dream for animal loving children!

5. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    When my children were younger, we go to the pet shop every month so they can get to play with the puppy for a few minutes. We couldn't afford to have one back then, so yes, I did this too :) Now, everyone is happy as we have a puupy.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As compared to kids, pets are a cheaper expense. Maybe when your kids are all grown up, then you can consider having your own pet. As for your kids, I think that a hamster or guinea pig would be ideal, so that you can test if they are rough or not in handling them.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about raising a chihuahua or Pomeranian? If you're not a dog-lover, then perhaps cats would do for you. Either way, small dogs and regular cats don't really take too much space in your house. You can meet your kids half way by raising a small pet. You can also take hamsters and white mice into consideration. They're just a tad bit bigger than fishes and quite handy. The upkeep can be stressful and the odor can be frustrating. Still, it's not much of a price to pay once you get used to it.

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As a kid I used to go into pet stores with a friend, and we'd check out the animals there. She even wound up getting a couple of cats from a PetSmart, unsurprisingly enough. When we're young, we'll do whatever we can to be near the things we like, even if that means walking around a pet store for an hour. :p

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My nephew always drops by the pet store whenever he goes to the mall. He would sometimes take photos of the animals there. He likes dogs but he also like other animals like rabbits and hamsters. When I was young, a pet store is not a reality, hahahaaa.