Pet Medications

Discussion in Pets started by Diane Lane • Jun 6, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never had to concern myself before with pet prescriptions medications, because the veterinarians have supplied them. I had a cat before who was diabetic, and I would pick up the needles and insulin at one particular pharmacy, but that was a long time ago, and times have changed. I was surprised to learn that in Texas, I didn't need a prescription for needles, but I did in Massachusetts.

I had to fill a prescription for feline antibiotics the other day, and since my local pharmacies didn't carry the correct dosage for cats, I looked online. I started out with a general search, and came up with some prices, but when I compared them with the price at Drs Foster and Smith, which is a site I've used in the past for various pet supplies, they had the lowest price by quite a bit. They were also one of the few to carry the liquid version of the medication, which I needed and also prefer over the pill version.

Where do you get your pet medications? Do you buy them in person at local stores/pharmacies, or online?

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    We get our pet medications from local agrovets. Since these mostly deal with farm animals, there are times when one can't get what they require and a vet would be handy here. Some medications can be formulated on the cheap. For example, tobacco powder is quite an excellent dewormer. Its mixed with the pet's favourite food like meat and the results are excellent and manifest in a matter of hours.