Pet Insurance

Discussion in Other Insurance Type started by Frogurt • Sep 15, 2014.

1. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    How important is Pet Insurance? I'm thinking of getting some pet insurances as I'm positive that there are going to be lots of visits to the vet in the future. Has anybody got pet insurances at the moment and what is a good policy to look for?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since your planning on multiple visits, then pet insurance is probably a good idea. You'll want to make sure that policies offer enough coverage for your pets' needs and that certain conditions are included in coverage. The main issue with pet insurance is that you're reimbursed for your expenses, rather than having them covered at the time payment is due to the vet. So you're going to have to deal with the costs out of pocket for at least a few days until a claim is filed and approved, and then paid out, by the insurer.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I would say pet insurance is very important. Only a few pounds per month and could save you thousands. I never got pet insurance then was hit with a £2,000 will after my cat was involved in a traffic accident.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Hedonologist. But yeah, definitely a situation where pet insurance comes in handy. If you wind up paying more than the annual premium cost in vet bills and have insurance, then it's a worthwhile investment. Otherwise, you're going to foot the bill yourself and not be compensated for anything afterward.

5. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Vet bills can be so expensive and if you have an old dog than you really need to stay up to date on his health. Also, it's good if your pet gets hit buy a car and all it takes to save your pet is a quick surgery that's too expensive. So rather than choosing the grim alternative, with insurance you can save your pet and enjoy their company a little longer. Pets are important too. So I think pet insurance is important. They deserve quality care as much as we do. I just hope pet insurance is better than people insurance.

6. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Also if you are looking for pet insurance try Trupanion.com. I just learned about them while job searching and they seem pretty good.