Pet Friendly Hotels ?

Discussion in Travel started by leighdu • Jul 5, 2012.

1. leighdu

leighduNew Member

Threads:
    We will be traveling to northern Florida, and are looking for a hotel that's pet friendly as we want to bring our little pup with us. Does anyone have any good suggestions on a nice hotel (not 5 star but comfortable) that allows pets? Extra pet fees are fine, and our pup is only about 10 pounds. I've looked online and so far I have only found Microtel, and we didn't have a good experience with that chain in the past. If anyone has experience with a hotel that allows pets (Destin, Florida area) I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Try looking at Bed & Breakfast lodging. I don't know about Florida because I have never traveled there. I live on the West coast and there are a lot of Bed & Breakfast places that allow small pets. Another option would be to look for a vacation rental. These are homes or cabins that you can rent out for a couple of nights or more and thay usually allow pets. We have found that if we can rent one as a base camp for a whole week, it is about the same cost as a hotel. If you get one with a kitchen, you will save a lot of money by not eating out, too.

3. Squeesh

SqueeshNew Member

Threads:
    I also don't have any experience in Florida but another thought is to try a motel instead of hotels. Most motels offers longer rentals for cheaper and allow pets. I think they have a certain weight and height limit to your pet but if you have a puppy that's not to big I'm sure you will be able to find some lodging.

4. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    Days Inn is another Florida hotel that allows pets. They are not a high quality hotel, but the rooms are not disgusting. Most hotels on the level of a microtel should have an option to bring pets. My guess is that there are not a ton of hotels to choose from in Destin. Unfortunately, if you have trouble find a hotel, you may have to consider a motel. I believe most of those will allow pets. Super 8 motel is actually pretty nice as far as motels go.

5. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Motel 6 is my go to pet motel when I'm on the go. I always travel with my 70 lb dog and cat so I need lodging that will allow me to have two pets. I can't afford extra pet fees so for me this means I stay at lower end chains. Although I will admit that Motel 6 has gone through some renovations and looks good.

6. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree. Motel 6 is another one that is an option. They are nicer inside than what the name may suggest. Aren't they the ones that will "leave the light on for you?"