Paypal Vs Skrill: Which One Is Better?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by akshaychouhan785 • Oct 8, 2017.

1. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    I have been using Paypal for quite sometime now and did transactions a couple of times with it but they always charge me for that, so I was looking for a good alternative and came to know about Skrill which doesn't have this issue. So is it really worth replacing PayPal with Skrill?

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I use paypal as well as skrill. However, there are not many stores that accept skrill payment. I work online and I receive payments through paypal. I use my paypal balance to buy stuffs online or withdraw to my bank. Good thing about skrill is I can use bitcoin with skrill.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Many online sites I am working on accept PayPal only. I find PayPal to be more secure. We can't expect them to handle and secure our money for us for free. We need to pay for every service we receive. If you have a business account with PayPal, then expect many charges. Individual accounts are almost free. You get to experience small charges only.

4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have only been using PayPal to run all my transactions, it's part of their business policy to effect charges for the services they offered. I never see anything wrong with it, as long as they have my money delivered to my bank account or have my product purchased through it get to my destination.

Personally, I haven't heard about Skrill before, and for it to not actually place any charges to the services they offer seems pretty cool to me. Maybe I would look it up and find out if they offer services in Nigeria.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I don't even have to think twice to answer this: PayPal all the way. I've been a PayPal user for years and I don't have a single complaint. everything perfect so far (another option was never considered by me).

6. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    @mildredtabitha@mildredtabitha Yeah ! You are right. The charges they apply are reasonable with the kind of omnipresent and secure service they provide and as I do not transact money often I also think that I should stick to the service.

@Heatman@Heatman That's great! I didn't knew that they offer their services in Nigeria also. Now I have no doubts regarding the PayPal service and I will continue with it.

You can try out Skrill also. Their service is available in your country as well and their currency conversion rates are also cheaper than PayPal, so on conversion from USD to Naira you will be charged less.

#6Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have never used Skrill because I read a bad report about them on Clixsense. I think it was to do with the time they took to process a payment. I've actually tried quite a few different processors and none of them are as good as paypal. I just find it so simple to use. Better the devil you know I think.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Either PayPal or Skrill as long as it's okay to process my money, I don't care. However, it's already 6 years that I am using PayPal. The charge that it gets from my money is negligible. I wouldn't replace it other or new money processor.

9. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    I choose PayPal, been using it since my first online job, it's fast, reliable and I think it is also secure and besides, I'm not too familiar with Skrill I only heard that when I took online surveys before and never use it.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would use Paypal as it is most used to recieve online payments. I would use Skrill if it was more known and is able to be used to buy anywhere online. If they do exand and their charges are less then I would difinately consider using Skrill.

11. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    I don't think that Skrill is better than PayPal.
    PayPal is much faster in transactions, -efficient. The transaction charges are very small, by the way. Skrill is not that widely popular or used so it's limited worldwide so PayPal affirms it's much trusted and can encounter less bankruptcy than Skrill. PayPal is also linked to many worldwide Banks, and because of all these reasons, I use PayPal all-day-long! I'm very satisfied with it's services.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Skrill doesn't work in my country and it's also not supported by most, if not all, of the income earning sites I'm currently working with. Hence, for me, it's not worth trying out other payment processors. Paypal is a secure and reputable company and has tie ups with banks and mobile payment companies in my country. I always manage to get hold of my funds within two days of requesting. They also charge reasonable fees. These fees are necessary for them to support their operations. Paypal is trusted by many business establishments.

13. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't advise you to Skrill since there has been a lot of negative reviews on the website and it's better to use Paypal to be safe.

14. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I have just recently signed up for Payoneer as I have not used any other processor asides from Paypal. I find Paypal to be convenient and sufficient for my needs. I can withdraw my cash when I want and Paypal is generally accepted worldwide at most merchant stores.

15. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have an account with Skrill, but if I had to choose between the two of which I think is better and more convenient, I'll have to go with Skrill. Here in the Philippines, one can easily transfer and top up a Skrill account using the two biggest local payment system here (Smart money and G-cash which is owned by Smart Telecom and Globe Telecom respectively). The two payment/remittance system utilizes a text payment service wherein you can easily send payments to another person by using a simple text message.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Skrill. I must admit that is a new one on me. Because of that reason, I am going to have to go with PayPal. It works quite well most of the time. I do not like the fact that they are increasing their fees though. That doesn't really work for me.

17. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Skrill is not really new, they have been online for years now, the only reason you haven't heard of them is because they changed their name.

18. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have always been using PayPal, besides the charges, I have not encountered any issue with it. If I transfer the money in PayPal to my local bank account, there is no fee, so I am happy with this. Moreover, there are many online merchants accept PayPal payment which make online purchase much easier.

I have heard about Skrill, but I haven't use it before. As there are some sites, especially PTC sites that do not accept PayPal, so perhaps I will take a look at Skrill as I heard the fee is not high. I started using Payza, but the fee seems to be much higher than PayPal.

19. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    Umm, the Paypal all the way, I never experienced a single glitch with it and no matter what some people say I still find it the easiest and the fastest way to pay for the goods online.
    I tried The Skrill and at one point of a time, they experienced some sort of a glitch. I didn't want to use them anymore after that.

20. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is one of the good payment processor. And typically it's hands off. Comparing that with the Skrill you can see that it's good enough in many ways. You can't have dormant account at Skrill. Because that leads to issues with payouts too. I have learned that skrill is not that good payment processor. That being said I think I won't be using the skrill payment processor.