Paypal Comfortable Payment Option

Discussion in Payment Methods started by tonyb • Jun 9, 2017.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    My most comfortable pay method is simply by Paypal. I find it disappointing when shopping online at reputable sites and when it's time for a check out there is no PayPal as an option of payment. Recently I booked a flight online and thought I could make the final payment through PayPal but to my surprise there was no provision for that. It baffles me to learn some reputable business sites are yet to allow this trusted payment method.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is an issue in Paypal that they had increased the fees. I haven’t checked the details yet because I think that is only for traders. Paypal is the only remittance option that I know and my account in Paypal is already for 3 years. I have no complaints so I guess Paypal will be my remittance option for the years to come.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes PayPal had recently increased their fees for a certain percentage I think (haven't checked it yet). Even so, I think the increased fee isn't that high since I withdraw from PayPal the other day and their service fee is somewhat close in my past transactions. I think I will still be using PayPal for my future transactions since it's the only online payment service I trust.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't gotten the news in total about the recent development in PayPal regarding fees. I would like to think this is going to affect traders. The transaction fees using PayPal in my calculation is fine and need not be reviewed upward at this time. Anyway, I haven't experience a change in fees for the transactions I have had in the past few weeks

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well paypal has been and is still one of the most trusted, well reputed and popular online payment options in the world, and regarding their fees they haven'g gone up by that much.

6. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I passed through the same ordeal. I was shopping at my local online shop for goods thinking that I would pay with my PayPal but I did not see the option. I ended up transferring my funds to my sim card where I was charged heavily. I personally think that PayPal being a global mode of payment should literally be in each premise as a mode of payment in the business world. This is because it's convenient and ensures fewer transactions. To the issue of PayPal raising its charges, I think that they have not moved up that much. It is on a reasonable scale.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Sure, Paypal is Globally accepted payment option. However, paypal is not available every where and in some countries it has limited usage. For instance, in India, you can upload/receive funds on paypal, but you cannot hold money on your account. This is against Indian Reserve bank. You will have to use paypal money immediately. IN Nepal you cannot receive or send money, if you want to use this feature, you will have to use xoom, a paypal service.

8. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I too have a PayPal account. Right from the time of registration to transferring funds to my bank here it has been smooth with no hassle. We have a rule here promulgated by government that we cannot keep money in our paypal account and the moment we get it we have to either transfer it or paypal automatically does it for us.

9. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I do agree that Paypal is one of the most convenient payment options available to us today and it is disappointing to find that some sites don't offer this option to its customers, but it's their loss because people like us will just find the next site which offers it and spend our hard-earned cash.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    In as much as I don't subscribe to holding money in PayPal it simply doesn't look correct to me why it should go against the policy of the bank. Besides this is supposed to be the individual's affair with PayPal I think.

#10Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  11. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with you. I usually like to use my PayPal money for any online payment. I am quite disappointed when I see there's no PayPal option too. There were a few times I contacted the owner and asked if I can pay by PayPal. I usually got to transfer my money to the owner's PayPal account.

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Though I do think paypal is a good payment option. You may be best invest in another payment processor such as Payoneer. The reason being this way you won't have to worry about the cases where paypal may freeze your account. That is something happened with many in past. So I think it'd be safe to say that paypal based transactions should be instead done by other means. You can't trust paypal all the time. I personally make use of bank transfer and payoneer is possible.

13. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Even when they increased their charges I still preferred them. I have tried other payment processors and find them complicated and often take too long to deliver payments into my account so I returned to paypal. It is so simple to use and most online sellers accept it. I wish Amazon would as it would make things even easier.

14. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my online shopping is done in ebay because ebay accepts paypal payment. Paypal payment is secured payment because if the seller tries to cheat you, you can claim refund. Paypal is a comfortable payment option, however, there are many reputable merchants that do not accept paypal payment. You cannot use paypal on Amazon. In my home country, you cannot use paypal to receive payment. You can send funds, but the paypal does not accept local bank accounts or cards.