Passive Aggressive Driver Helps Cause Accident Then Laughs About It While She Videotapes It

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by ohiotom76 • Mar 28, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    This has been making the rounds lately - a driver who was irate over being tailgated videotapes the person tailgating her getting into a wreck while passing her...

While the guy behind her was a hothead, it's pretty obvious from the clip and her comments that she instigated the whole thing to begin with. I'm amazed that she didn't get arrested for her own wreckless driving as well.

If you have no intention of passing anyone, then you have no business being in the left lane - period. Traffic studies have shown that it's more important to keep up with the flow of the traffic than follow the posted speed limits by the letter of the law (

). People who drive 10mph slower than the flow of traffic are *more likely* to get into an accident.

This is a chicken/egg situation. It's common sense that the left lane is for faster moving traffic. If you would rather drive slower, then simply stay in the right lane. If you intentionally Veer over into the left lane and drive slow, you are purposefully and consciously trying to obstruct the drivers in that lane. This is passive aggressive driving at it's worst. That kind of smug obnoxious BS sets off a chain reaction to all the other cars behind her for miles, causing other drivers to slow down abruptly. She makes up some excuse about needing to make a left turn yet 1.) She never makes the left turn, she just blows through the intersection and 2.) She claims she was being tailgated for miles, which means she was, in fact, cruising in the passing lane for several miles, backing up traffic.

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that this driver is immature and they have a very weird and off sense of humor. An accident is really no laughing matter and i am surprised that there are people out there that have the nerve to think that another life is not as precious as theirs. I do agree that keeping up with traffic is very important. If speed is not your forte then please do not force it. No one is forcing you to drive fast or to drive slow. Do it at your own leisure and comfort. Keep things good and comfortable for you.

3. Tiara Murphy

Tiara MurphyNew Member

Threads:
    She was definitely in the wrong here. You cannot just hold up traffic because you feel like it. As you said, she never turned left and she didn't need to be over there for miles. If you can't keep with the flow of traffic, maybe try taking a different route because you are endangering those around you. I fully support the laws that make it so that you can now be fined for holding up faster traffic in the left lane. I just wish this was avidly enforced. I know that I live in a rural area with limited passing zones and I've been close to late for work before even though I left early every single day because people would refuse to even go near the speed limit, some moseying along 15-20 miles an hour under it for miles. If they can't drive in a courteous fashion, they need to pick another mode of transportation or a different roadway because I just don't believe that they have the necessary skill to travel safely.