Pantene Made My Hair Fall Out

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Rhoda D'ettore • Jan 19, 2015.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Pantene Shampoo made my hair fall out! Beware of this shampoo. I thought I was doing something great, buying into the commercials until my hair fell out in clumps, and it happened to others online as well. It took me a year of using organic shampoos to get my hair growth back.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Curious you should say that about Pantene, because my mother absolutely despises this brand because she caught a really bad rash from using it and she later found out she was allergic to some stuff on their ingredients list. Someone told me Pantene has very harsh chemicals and it's not the best brand. I actually tend to go for brands that I know are milder on the ingredients. For example I really like the Yes to Cucumbers shampoo and conditioner!!

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pantene is all right, but there are far better brands out there, whether or not the actual formulation is unsafe in any way. Cheaper brands offer better results, including Herbal Essences and the similar Tresemme. You could even opt for a more natural solution. I've never experienced trouble with Pantene, but I'm not sensitive to ingredients or anything like that either.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a very common complain with this brand. I'm shocked they haven't done something about it by now.. so so many people are losing their hair while using this brand and god knows how many more that aren't even connecting it to the shampoo they're using. I'm glad to hear you've recovered though :)

5. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness that is terrible and thanks so much for warning all of us about this. I remember using Pantene shampoo a long time ago but then I stopped and started using something different. In my opinion lots of shampoo at the store is not good because of the bad ingredients in it. For the longest time I have been into all natural shampoo and I still am today.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never had any issue with Pantene, but find it too rich and heavy at times for me. I do have very long and thick hair though. Perhaps they changed the formula, but it depends on your hair type as well. I have pretty robust hair, but as with all things, nothing can suit everyone. If in doubt, I always use a baby shampoo as they are so mild.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently tried a Pantene shampoo especially made for dried and damaged hair. I am loving the results. Until now, I had never any complaints about this shampoo. I know a lot of people who swear buy Pantene products. This thread has been an eye opener.

8. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use Pantene products no more too, because every time I use it, my skin along my temple area has a allergic reaction and starts peeling! This happened more than one time, so it wasn't a coincidence my skin had a bad reaction to it. Plus, it dries the heck out of my scalp and does cause a lot of my hair to fall out. I've resorted to using lighter shampoos nowadays.

9. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I had noticed that my hair seemed to have thinned out but blamed it on age. Maybe it has been the shampoo all along? I have used Pantene for years and have no complaints other then my hair seems to be left in the brush. I always thought this was just because it was long so it looked like alot. Does anyone know why it is they say the hair falls out? I actually have very dry skin and find some shampoos to harsh, they made me itch and Pantene was one of the few that didn't.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Perhaps you shampoo too much? I have no problems with Pantene, although maybe I'm just too dense to notice the hair falls. I have curly hair after all and I've always thought that falling hair is a natural occurrence especially for those with hair like mine. Try to not shampoo your hair everyday. I shampoo thrice or four times a week and apply hot oil or Moroccan Argan oil every other day. That way, it's easy to manage my hair and I won't have to experience falling hair when combing it.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it were happening to everyone that used it, it wouldn't be on the shelves lol. Of course there will be many people who don't react to it, but there are many many people who are. You should be able to shampoo as often as you want (although I wouldn't, no matter what you use). You should be able to pick whatever you want from the shelf and not worry about whether you'll lose hair or skin over it. Story of our lives now though, huh? It's all about the money.. who cares about the consumer.

12. emily0531

emily0531Member

Threads:
    I have used Pantene for several years with no noticeable problems. However, I would like to lose less hair in the shower. I had no idea that Pantene caused such serious problems for some people. I think I will try something more natural and see if there is less hair loss. Thanks to all for the info!

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think since the comments have been so varied, it depends if the person is allergic to the ingredients or not, or they may be putting on too much shampoo on their hair to cause that. I remember using VO5 and my hair fell out then stopped when I switched shampoos. It's been a long time since I have used Pantene, like I was only in grade school that time, and I don't remember having any adverse effects while using it.

14. Epicfied

EpicfiedMember

Threads:
    Wow, thanks for posting this. I've never had an issue with Pantene, but I never used it super consistently. I usually use Treseme or Dollar General's off-brand version of it. I'm surprised this is happening. I had never heard of anything similar.

15. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried pantene but I guess it all depends on the ingredients that are being used in the shampoo. I totally prefer to shampoo like himalayas which are mild as well as herbal. I will never try pantene ever again.

16. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of this happening to people before. So many people seem to have issues with Pantene these days so I stay away. I can only assume there's some kind of additive in there which is way too harsh for most people. Another person mentioned Herbal Essences, I would recommend this brand too. It is similarly priced to Pantene but is much kinder on your hahir and scalp.

17. Cherie

CherieNew Member

Threads:
    I can definitely relate. I've been using Pantene Beautiful Lengths for a couple of years now because I LOVE the way it makes my hair smell. However I've noticed over the past two years how my hair has thinned & recently realized that I've lost A LOT of hair over passed few years. I thought it was flat ironing and age causing it. But my 13 year old started using it because he also likes the way makes your hair smell, but recently noticed his hair is coming out more than normal. That's when I began researching history on pantene. I think we might try something else for a while to see if it is the pantene or not. It may or may not be the pantene but I've gotta know before we all end up bald.

18. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    You used Pantene and you experienced hair fall does not mean everyone who is using pantene shampoo will experience hair fall. I have used pantene shampoo and I thing it is a good shampoo. By the way I use Dove shampoo, it not only controls hair fall but also makes your hair lustrous. However, before you start using Dove, make sure it works well on your hair. The kind of shampoo you use depends on your hair types.

19. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say I don't like Pantene either. I had an increase of my hair falling out. It wasn't clumps but it was still noticeable when I would wash my hair or brush it. A friend of mine told me that her relative couldn't use it either because of this problem. I stopped using their products and it hasn't been like that since. I am glad that you were able to fix the problem.

20. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Being over 60 I'm not going to get any more Pantene shampoo because of these posts. Thanks for the warning about Pantene shampoo. For something so expensive it's so damaging. I'm going to stay away from Pantene from now on. I love Herbal Essence shampoo. I remember when it first came out in a nice tall green plastic bottle and I love the smell of Herbal Essence shampoo, bu it got pricey these days. Thanks again for the warning.