Paid or Free games

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Peninha • Oct 16, 2014.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail, I don't need to spend either, and it's not just about the money, it's also about a matter of principle because before we know it, games can lead to addiction, and if money is involved, it's even worse. That's why I don't spend a cent on games, not even for my kids.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I couldn't agree more :) I remember playing this game called Clash of Clans which I totally got addicted to (well me and my hubby) and it's free to play. Even so, we were tempted to purchase gems if we would like to make our progress quick and it involves real money, but we never did. So yeah, we really don't like spending money just for a game because it isn't as much as important as other things, it's only our way to pass the time :)

#82Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on the interest in the game that is in question. For example: if I have a lot of interest in a particular game and I have to pay for it, I pay without problems (obviously setting a limit to be spent).

I think it's a pretty simple question to answer.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail I am in sort of dilemma now because my kid is turning 10 years old next week, and everyone is asking what to gift him, and one of the few things he wants is a cart with $15 (not that much right) to spend on a certain game he and his colleagues play online lol. Even so I think he's not getting it haha. :D

#84Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  5. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    To be fair, there are quite a lot of free games out there that are developed really well. The only difference between a lot of these free games and paid games are that the free ones usually have advertisements to allow the developer to earn some sort of revenue from the game. I've played many free games that are way better and have less bugs than paid ones. A lot of the time, paid games have just been released quickly to get the developer to earn some money quick

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update Hahaha :D Why not give it to him as a birthday present? I'm sure he'd be so happy. $15 is nothing compared to your kid's happiness LOL :D Or instead, just buy him something that he wants aside from that certain virtual game, I bet he should be happy with it as well.

#86Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah that's the thing. :) The birthday was today (they are already asleep now :)), and we didn't give him anything related with video games. He got a new bike, a soccer ball, clothes, and another sort of regular toys, and a blasting picnic party with friends and family. What else could he want more? ;)

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I love playing games on Android. So I am not sticking up with the paid or the free. I choose what works for me. For example, some of the time I prefer to have free games. But considering the way Paid games are offering more value for money. I prefer to use them. I don't mind paying for paid games. It's worth having paid games.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Same here. It is depend on game and our interest. These days purchase games has been converted into in app purchase option. Means game comes for free but for getting certain extra things you can purchase directly from that game during playing. So these days it is more easy. I mean we can play games and if we are interested and liking them then we can purchase the particular options from it instead of buying whole game. So in app purchase option is worthy.

10. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I play neither free nor paid games. I used to play bubble burst occasionally but that's it. I would rather spend my spare time reading a nice book or watching some nice comedy than spend time playing games.

11. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, paying for mobile games is a wast of money. There are too many good games available for free, why should you spend your hard earnmed money on something that you can get for free. You may want to play a certain game and it may cost you money. However, think about this. What is your primary purpose of playing games, yes for entertainment. There are other things that you can do for fun without you having to pay for it.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    These days almost all free games is having in app purchase option. So to perform certain feature or to have certain option you must buy from the game itself. Yes sometimes it is not necessary. But this mind set may be difference for the gamers. Sometimes even I spend money when I really enjoy the game. They are just good for mind refreshing. So spending money behind some entertainment is not completely waste of time.

13. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I always go to free games because I have a problem in picking up games. I most of the time pick up a non-entertaining game. The one that can bore you to death. I'd rather have a free game because I can delete it. Nothing spent on a game means no regrets.