Paid or Free games

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Peninha • Oct 16, 2014.

1. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer free games because most games are expensive. The only way I would buy a game is if I play the trail version and I like it. The only reason that I do not buy mobile games is because I do not want to buy them and end up not liking them. That would be a waste of money.

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, when buying a game we really need to love it because it's an expense. I am under the feeling that soon enough I will be buying games again because my kids are growing up and their gamer phase is about to being. Let's see! :)

3. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I always prefer free games. Who wouldn't? There's only a few things that you can get these days, and if you can have one, then why not? However, if there's a game that I'm really interested in, even if I have to pay for it, I will. But that rarely happens, anyway.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer free games on mobile by far, I don't play them very often and don't see the value in investing money into it. I'd much rather spend money on a game for PC or consoles.

Also many free games offer a model where you can play for free, only that you have to see ads. So long as no microtransactions are present to ruin the game I think that there are many fine free games available on the app store.

5. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    I seldom play games, except on occasions where family and friends are present (reunions and/or parties). This is why I prefer paid games one can play on the PC or console. My reason is because I rarely participate on these kinds of things, so I might as well spend (even just a little) during the times that I actually do play them. Besides, the games we purchase are not always the expensive ones, just fun and not-so-serious ones where one can actually interact with a group of people.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Today is the best day to buy games because it's the Black Friday and we get awesome discounts. I know people that are buying a lot of stuff today (including games) so that they can sell them later with a profit.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people have said that they are not going to spend a dime during Black Friday, claiming that only America could spend Thanksgiving being grateful for everything they've got, only to trample other people to death a day later in order to get some electronics appliance/gadget/products for a very cheap price. Also, because of the riots that are going on in Ferguson at the moment, people have said that they will not be spending a dime during Black Friday. But I suppose we'll see.

8. hclpd

hclpdBanned

Threads:
    I would take paid games over free to play games any day. They are like parasites which is ruining this gaming industry without letting anyone know. I wish it would go away, but it's here to stay for a while. Most of the games on Play Store are nothing more than money sucker. You can try them out yourself.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't mind the ones where you can still advance in the game in a relatively easy manner, without having to shell out money. There are a few free games on Google Play Store like that. But the majority of them just want to suck money out of you. Some of them are very sly and manipulative in the way that that try to suck money out of you too. Very annoying. I usually uninstall those types of games. I mean, they are usually not that much fun to begin with, anyway.

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a serious gamer at all or a gamer for that matter so I'm not invested on games at all. I prefer free games all the way. I only play games to kill time, i really have no interest if it's an ancient game, a lame game or whatever, as long as it's distracting me or I'm having fun then I'm all for it. LOL :p

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, that's a dis-attached perspective oblivious, but I am not too far away from that. I use games to get the stress out of my mind, to kill some time, so paying to do that would be somewhat stressful, considering the amount of free games available.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy games or make purchases inside game. I much rather play free games. First, because I get tired of them soon so I don't want to be paying for several of them, and second because there are a lot of good free games out there so I don't see a necessity to pay for them.

13. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I've always played free games. The paid for games I like require time to play that I don't currently have like Final Fantasy and such. So I don't even own a console. I just play whats free online on my computer. I can't remember when was the last time I paid for a game.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    Oblivious, I also share this point of view. But once I get playing certain games, and they suck me in, I become invested lol. Yes, they initially get played in order to pass the time. Games don't have to be spectacular for me to play them; they just have to pass the time easily enough, but when these games hold the gameplay ransom unless you pay money to continue on, it is problematic. Still, it is not problematic enough to get me to actually waste my money though lol.

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha Dreek, so you get addicted to the games and you pay eh? It has happened to me before, especially with mobile games, I was sick of the trial versions and I bought them, they were relatively cheap though. :) A waste of money I agree! :D

16. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer free games over paid games. I'm not really a player and I easily get bored with games that I delete it the moment I no longer want it. I don't want to waste money on something that you can have for free. I'd rather put my money on other things, on something that is useful. Got to learn how to use money wisely.

17. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Not all free games are worth playing, especially those in the Android market. That said, I do spend on some paid games, but I do a bit of research first on how the game is and how reviews are. If they're satisfactory, I buy them. Paid games offer much more satisfaction as compared to the paid games, but granted, this doesn't apply for all paid games.

18. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Paid! I am so tired of these free to play games where they try to micro-transaction you to death, or you are forced to be connected online to play. Let me buy the game, play when I want, whether online of offline, and please don't try to sell me any gems. Keep your gems!

19. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I still pay for my world of warcraft subscription over all these years. So yea, I don't even regret spending money on it because it still has my attention. It's been a little over 6 years and it's still going. This game is like crack cocaine nonetheless.

20. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some paid games that don't have proper free game counterparts. Take for instance Virtua Tennis and Real Boxing. I do have more free games than paid games on my phone because I don't have lots of money on hand. There are a lot of free games that are awesome. However, there are just some paid games that just call out to us and say "buy me". :D