Paid Apps - Is There Any Advantage?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by naruto100 • Feb 12, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Hello, mostly I have spend money on purchasing stuff in mobile games. I have seen some apps have paid version where they offer paid version with ad free function. Well, is it the only advantage? I mean just to make it ad free. Or they may provide more features too. I guess it is different for different applications.

But still is it worthy to buy apps? If yes then how good they are in compare to free version?

2. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_DoritoNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on the type of app as well as how many ads there are, some apps are paid for features other than removing ads.

It may seem that paying is the only way to remove ads, but if there is other ways. If you have an android device, you can download the apk for the paid version of the app.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on how much you need the app. So far I can say I haven't needed any app that had a price tag on it.
    If the price on the app is fair, and it's sure to be instrumental in achieving the set out tasks, then it's okay to pay for it. Paying for apps is another cool way to get rid of ads.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know what, I know of free apps only, I would not pay, unless it is totally something I need or want and can afford. There is one sweet app that saves money from,

. Ebates.com is a site that gives you money to shop online or in store with a free app, for your mobile phone. These apps are totatly free from

, accounts are free too and they do pay you. These are apps that are worth it for you save money and make money too. Free game sites like pch.com is fun, lots of variety and you can win money. Facebooks has free games, like Mahjong you can download free apps from them to play games. I love free apps only.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I always just go in figuring that there is something similar or the same that is for free. If nothing else than I usually just avoid making any sort of purchase, at least for now.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    True, it is depend on the apps. Different apps are having different kind of things. That's what I noticed too. Some apps offer paid version to remove ads and some apps offer paid version with extra benefits like extra features. I wasn't having any experience with apps, but i have purchased stuff in games sometimes. But in gaming the purchase features are quite different than apps. So I started this thread to know your experience. Thanks to all for sharing.

7. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    It is intetesting to know about ebates.com. Thanks for sharing.

I do not pay for apps. I use the free versions. I do know that with the premium version you can get upgrades, badges, power, and ads free experience depending on the sort of the app it is.

Unless I really need those, I wouldn't be upgrading to premium modes.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe I am hearing about ebates first time. I tried to open the site too, but it looks really confusing. I read it and I guess it provides discount coupons to for different online shopping sites. But I didn't able to lookout how we earn on it.

About free apps, yes there are tons of free application available which are really helpful. I do install many apps on my mobile through play store. But there are some unique apps which offers unique features which are not available in free apps. So the only way to use them is by paying. I don't know about apps, but I have spend some money on gaming.

#8Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 :oops:Basically, the site is for you when you shop online or in-store. The app is for in-store shopping and is totally free. Unfortunately not all sites and stores are available to get money back for. You to to your account with ebates.com, then you find the store you'd like to shop at online, click on it; next you'll find it takes you to the site with a little page that states you got your deal. You must keep your ebates.com site open and on, it shuts down with inactivity. Shopping is not click, click and you're done, you go through many pages at times trying to find the right item you'd like to buy. My ebates.com site closed on me and I was shopping and finished about an hour and a half later. I went back to my ebates.com site only to find it had closed automatically one me. I went to customer service with the problems, they were courteous and helpful and got my money for me for shopping with ebates.com. I don't know about the shopping in-store with their app, for I don't have a mobile phone. The customer service is great, ask them any question or about things you don't understand and they'll help you. It's just a site, that you shop and you get paid using ebates.com for shopping from. Ebates.com gets a commission from the site and you get a portion of it when you shop via ebates.com, basically. You just got to remember before you shop to to to ebates.com to check if the store you're going to shop at is with ebates.com. :)

#9Mar 6, 2017
  10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe That's in good details. Thanks for sharing your experience. And good to hear that their customer support team is responsive and helpful.

I do shopping online many times. I have seen the sites too on ebates from where I do shopping. So I guess it will work for me. I will surely try it out during my next shopping and see how much discount or money back I get. If it is worthy enough then I will continue it. So thanks for sharing. I don't know about in store purchase because I wonder if it is available for stores in my country.

#10Mar 6, 2017
  11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I like paid ads for one reason, They don't have annoying ads and they don't have annoying dlc's and micro transactions. Many ads are super annoying because they automatically opens the play store or forces you to watch a boring video when all you wanted is to play the game.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 :)You are very welcome! We all need to save money and when a company gives you money for shopping, that's a dream come true!!! You know the sad thing is that I don't have a smartphone or cell or any kind, so I can't take advantage of ebates.com's apps at all.:( I am happy that I can get money back when I go shopping. Glad I could help. Happy shopping!!!

#12Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I dont know if there is any advantage. I dont intend to use paid apps. Unless I found one that would really be worth it, I prefer to stick with free apps. There are enough things to spend money on without spending it on apps.

14. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon The big advantage is that they dont have ads and they dont have micro transactions. Many apps of free mobile games had annoying pop apps and unwanted apps that forces to install themselves. Free apps also have risk of having ads with malwares.

#14Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  15. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I think while one really likes using the app and the premium or paid version usually offers more functionality, the user might pay for it. I haven't been paying for any apps, but I have been thinking of getting the paid version of Evernote, as it's really good to use and paid version will enjoy more upload quota per month.

Besides better functionality, I have just read that it is good to support the company who developed good apps, so the company and developers can continue to work on the apps. I just read a notetaking app, Springpad was closed down because they mainly relied on ads and couldn't survive.So I think there might still be some corporate users or loyal users willing to pay and support the apps they like.

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I do think there are advantages. Nobody makes paid app for something that is freely available. You can see that some of the app benefits are rather different in this context. I have found that some of the apps which are offering some steep price have this set of features which are harder to get. So on that point, I think paid apps are definitely worth going for as well.

17. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would not be paying to game in the first place, I would much rather watch a few ads than pay for content that I could get for free. I don't have money to waste on paying for apps. However, if you don't mind, you would likely get a better experience. It is 6 of 1 half dozen of another.

18. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    The only app that I have ever bought was Minecraft for my children and they enjoy it very much. As for the apps that I download for myself, I only download free apps. Most of them that I play do not have ads but they do have things that you can purchase in app for things that you cannot get without buying. The ones that do have ads are not that annoying so I do not mind them on there. I understand they have to make money too. I do not know if there are more advantages to paying for an app other than losing the ads. I suppose if I was an avid gamer then I might have a different view about paying for apps.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    So far I have spend money on gaming. I don't remember if I have paid for apps, may be and may be not. Even I don't remember for which OS. But yes it is good to try out free stuff and if we enjoy the free then we can go for paid one. I want to buy one app on my mobile, but I am not sure if it will be worthy or not as it is having mix reviews. But I will do it and try it out personally.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on the app, it certainly worth paying some money for some of them. Some functions can only be used when you have the full app signature, while in free subscription you have restricted access.