Opinions About Ryanair?

Discussion in Travel started by evelination • Aug 22, 2015.

1. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Hi, guys. I will travel to Italy on the 2th of September, and I will travel there with an airline I've never heard of, called Ryanair... can you guys tell me if this specific airline is good or bad? It's costed us very few money to travel with them, which makes me now a bit reticent toward their flight conditions and general staff ambience and so on...

Anyone can tell me anything?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a budget airline, but it's fine. Always check in online and print out your boarding pass as it will cost you dearly otherwise.
    Do not take on too much hand luggage as they will charge you. Take your own food and drink on board, they sell snacks, but it's a no frills airline and does leave on time generally.

Get to the airport early as if you miss the flight very rarely will they give you another unless it is their fault or the weather.

3. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    It's a very very cheap airline. I have travelled by Ryanair in the past. The food isn't great, and when I travelled there was a lot of turbulence, but that was probably due to the weather. I would recommend it only if you're on a really tight budget, otherwise it may be better to opt for a more expensive but higher quality airline.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ryanair is a pretty crappy company to be honest because you're guaranteed to run into either annoying or completely hidden fees, and that's something that no traveler should have to deal with. I'd switch airlines if it was an option to be honest. Ryanair has the benefit of being extremely cheap, if you're willing to jump through some hoops to avoid fees, but other airlines provide far better service at only a slightly higher price.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used Ryanair plenty of times and you need to be very careful. Like other posters have said, make sure you have everything printed off in advance and ensure that your luggage meets the weight and size requirements. They charge a small fortune for snacks and drinks so do take your own on board.

As for turbulence, any fool knows that's down to the weather conditions at the time and nothing to do with which airline you fly with.

6. mmegs00

mmegs00New Member

Threads:
    It gets you from point A to B without breaking the bank, that is about it. It is not that there is anything wrong with RyanAir it is just not a luxury airline, and there is nothing wrong with this. Taking a 45-minute flight is not a problem for most people, and the price is right! Like it has been mentioned, turbulence and weather conditions have to do with nature and nothing with the airlines, so for those issues everyone deals with the same issues regardless of your ticket price. The customer service with RyanAir, in my opinion, has always been good with friendly staff. Hope you enjoy your flight.

7. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I tried flying ryanair before. I think it's fine. It's a low cost airline. Very ordinary but I reached my destination and back. So, I guess it's ok to fly with Ryanair.

8. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Ryanair is one of the cheapest European airline companies. I have never flown with them myself but have heard many different stories about them. Apparently, it is very cramped and you cannot take that much luggage with you as on other airlines. You have to pay extra for a lot of things even for food and drinks on the plane. In case you do not have enough money for a more expensive ticket than why not, you just have to realize that it is not like every other big airline company.

9. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    That would be really having such a good and most fabulous way of fun.