Online Sports Training

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by remnant • Apr 22, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    In an increasingly digitized world, more and more people are using free online videos to train in various endeavours of life like sports. In East Africa in Kenya, there was a recent Olympic medal winner christened 'The You Tube Man' who won the javelin throwing competition and has a winning streak. He trained through You Tube. This training came at no fee and he became an accomplished sportsman. Any such inspirational stories?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Youtube can be a great place to learn new skills. Though it's cheap and free there some people who go a step too far. According to a news article I read many plastic surgeons learn new procedures on youtube then they use them on their patients. I call it experimenting and it's quite disturbing to be honest.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, kudos to the Kenyan sportsman for his achievement! It really is amazing how much some people can do and achieve just through observing YouTube videos! I guess it speaks a lot about their focus, drive and passion for their craft.

But like @Denis Hard@Denis Hard says, it can be a double edged sword when you get some people using YouTube to boost their shady businesses, especially where the industry's not very well regulated. Truly the stuff of nightmares! I guess that's why the onus is upon each one of us to exhaust all means of research before engaging service providers, to avoid being taken in and being made mugs out of, or even worse still, being maimed or even killed by the so-called 'experts' in the beauty industry...yikes!

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    This is a really great success for YouTube and the athlete. However, there could be a danger if the athlete should rely on YouTube only and does not employ the services of a trainer. The trainer, I believe, is necessary to guide the athlete to prevent injury which could arise from imperfections in the athletes technique.

5. Nero-Bianco

Nero-BiancoMember

Threads:
    I don't have any similar stories, but I just wanted to say that I think this is a fantastic example of positive use of the internet and technology. It is demonized so much recently, with privacy issues etc. It's important to remember what a great gift it really is and how much it can help us.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Thats great because sometimes you do not have the money or time to find a coach when you have great talent in a sport-but you have a lot of desire to seek,and you shall find mentality working for you. The training drills for that particular sport,you would have to know along with proper nutrition. So hiring a coach would be to expensive-and so its great to have access to these training videos online, to help you get in shape or just common exercises that could help you in your everyday life as well.