Online Promo Codes

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Ke Gordon • Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are promo codes available for many of the online stores. Do you use these? Do you have success using them? I just tried using a promo code for tracphone and the CSR told me my phone already had double minutes so I couldn't use it..I don't think it does, but he added them for me since the promo code didn't work, so I benefitted anyway..It seems like there is a high failure rate with many of the codes.

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    There are websites out there that provide lists of free promo codes to people looking to get a good deal online and I am always leery about using them because I am afraid of getting scammed. There are certain rules and restrictions that apply to promo codes so you have to make sure you know them before you go to use the promo code. The promo codes for the major retailers normally work for me.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Promo codes do come with small print, so often you can't use it on certain specials, or in conjunction with a site like ebates. The good thing about online codes you can see if they work before you checkout. Often I will try them and see if I can add other coupons too. I do a dummy order to see if it works beforehand so I don't get disappointed.
    Some sites do allow multiple coupons and gift certificates like Best Buy, and others block the codes.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This has happened for me a lot even for online purchases and most of the time it's due to some bugs in the online store of the retailer. However, luckily, so far whenever I've encountered this problem there has always been a substitute code I was able to use so I've never had to get it corrected although if I did it wouldn't have been that difficult since I could just call their hotline during office hours if I really wanted to get my specific promo code to work.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard any failure issues with promo codes I've used. Most expire fast so that could be another reason why a promo code may not work.

It's always advisable to search the net for promo codes before buying anything online. Most online retailers, often, to get more customers will offer discounts [using] promo codes. Try to find them because should you, then you get a really good deal.

I search for and use promo codes all the time and when I find them . . . they save me some money.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    In my experience, when I have looked for promo codes, I usually end up finding nothing but expired ones, whether or not the source listed an expiration date or time. It's pretty frustrating so for the most part I don' really even bother to look for them anymore since my success rate is nil. I would be more likely to believe something sent by the company in an email advertisement that listed when it was good would actually work when I went to use it.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's also been my experience that they somehow expire just before I actually get to benefit from them! I have wondered in the past if it was just a marketing ploy to attract customers. However, I have a handful of online stores which always tell me in advance when there's a promotional code to use. Those ones always work for me.

8. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I've never had issues using promo codes. Any chance I can use them I will, they have saved me a lot of money. If you are having issues with promo codes, it may be the sites that you are getting the codes from. I think the best chances of your promo codes working is when they come directly from the site that you are trying to buy a product from. Another best method is if the company emails you a promo code.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I use these all the time when purchasing domain names from GoDaddy. There is no sense paying full price for a domain from them when you can get .coms off of them for 99 cents if you find the right coupon which works. I look at it this way, I am not going to get much use out of the domain from the moment I buy it, since I still have to build a web site around it, so why pay the full price? And it's a win for GoDaddy, because as long as they are offering these coupons, they don't have to waste as much money running commercials and other ads to win me over as a customer.

Though if you are doing this as well, and regularly, I would encourage you to not mention this to any of their phone representatives, because I stupidly did once, and ever since then I've had a hell of a time getting any of the 99 cent coupons to work with my account.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I use them quite frequently.

Sure, sometimes a code is outdated or it doesn't apply to my specific purchase. For the most part, though, I usually end up with great deals. I don't think I've ever encountered any that seemed spammy or somehow locked me into something that I didn't explicitly agree to.

11. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M.New Member

Threads:
    I always search for a promo code before checking out. It's fun to see if I can find a good coupon. When you do a google search for "store-name-here promo code" usually the first 2 results that pop up are the major websites that post the legitimate coupons. All the codes I try usually work as a long as I stick to the reliable sites giving out codes.

I've also heard Honey gives really great deals. It's the extension you add to your browser. However, whenever I tried it, there was never a coupon for the store I was shopping at, so I wound up uninstalling it.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never used to order anything online much in the past, and that was because I never used to have any money in my bank account. But since broadening my horizons and finding more than one place to work online, I have been earning more money. So naturally I have been spending a lot more on online websites. Sometimes I can find promo codes, but they are not as easy to find as one might think. Half the time they don't work when they are supposed to.

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can never find promo codes that actually work. But every time i find a code it is either expired or is invalid so i gave up on promo codes for any sites due to them never working. But once in a blue moon i get promo codes off the site i'm shopping at those usually work but other than that i don't even bother.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes - and it is really irritating - you will find a promo code, and the date will say one thing, and then when you enter it into the website that you'd like to purchase from, it tells you that it is expired, which is so annoying. If the code is expired, then they need to remove it from their website.

15. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    I've found multiple websites where they regularly post about promo codes for online shopping websites, and I must say that it saves me a lot of money. Sometimes, I get up to 50% off by using the promo codes buying stuff that I probably would've bought anyway. Therefore, my conclusion is that its very good to use promo codes, and I recommend it strongly.

16. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I use online promo codes on nearly every website I visit or have a large interest in. I can not tell you have many times I have saved money on books and other items using these codes. The only problem with most of them is, they can expire fast so you will need to use them when you can.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually those promo codes have so many conditions which not all can fulfill. The websites highlight those promo codes and the amount big time but when it comes to redeem them you find that you are no eligible. I do not try most of the promo codes because I have found them additional burden in place of any gain. I generally avoid them and complete my shopping.

18. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Using an online promo code is really not a good thing actually, It is irritating and they will give you the long list, and even after it will not be available for you.