Night Internet

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by remnant • Apr 3, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Most mobile phone companies across jurisdictions have lower browsing and call rates during the night as compared during the day. This favours those people who wouldn't be inconvenienced by a nocturnal lifestyle as well as those with hefty writing assignments that consume alot of bandwidth. Clogges also fall into this category. Do you take advantage of there rates?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have awesome opportunities for night net and call usage from my ISP. However, I use wifi aftrr evening hours which is faster and cheaper and so I don't opt for such mobile plans.

For those who do need mobile data for night use, indeed such plans are cheaper and benefical.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    When I was still working in an office and had to use my data for internet, the connection is much faster from 1am-5am when I'm using my data. Now I don't know if it still works that way since I don't use my data any longer because now I'm working from home so I use WiFi most of the time, perhaps the entire time and there are times that our connection has the same speed whether it's day or night.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    When I was using data I enjoyed a special package for night browsing. Normally for the day browsing I'll get a 5gb for around twenty dollars but for night browsing online there is more GB for less pay. The service starts around 9pm and stops 5am the next day, and for just 10 dollars I could get up to 10gb for the night. Network is fast at night but the big problem is having to stay the night without a good sleep.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, such rate scheme does not exist in my country, or at least with the major telcos, We have similar rates for day and night usage. However, there are prepaid loads that allow us to have 24 hours unlimited access to the internet for 1 dollar so that's still way cheaper. It gets even cheaper if you subscribe to the service for two days because you can get one extra day free. If you don't intend to use much data, you can also avail of combo loads which have longer expiration. I've chosen a DSL postpaid plan with a landline bundle and unlimited access to the internet per month for about $23. Its 2mbps committed speed is just fine for my needs. The landline is a real bonus for this plan.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of anything like that before but it would be nice if you could arrange things around the usage and have it where the work actually paid off. Maybe someday, but I would not bet on it.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes almost all companies have less rates at night. But honestly it not works for me. After day work I can't use that night internet and take advantage of it. But yes it is benefit for those who want to download something. I mean they just can't put alarm and start download and sleep again. Like this they will get that file with less cost. Lol

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about this in my place but it would be nice if this scheme is here in my place because I am a night owl and will be using internet in the night time the most. I will check about this. Thanks. :)

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Now I am lucky enough to be with a phone company that has great deals in phone line packages. I have unlimited calling for an entire month and it's quite cheap and I have a good amount MB to use as well. I hope they don't raise the prices up as time goes by. I can use my phone with no extra costs for calls and texting now.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Why not? For me, I have to grab that opportunity for as of this writing my Internet speed is to weak. I really need that time to work on/ However, there is none here in our place. Internet is a 24-hour full usage from the online writers, night shift employees, and many more. Actually our problem about the Internet is its speed. We worried so much because of its turtle-paced connectivity. In fact, our government is studying this problem/ If the Internet provider couldn't improve it, the government would have to cancel or revoke their authority or license to operate.

11. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know about the rates. I was assuming that we pay the internet subscription on the package and the use is unlimited. But if the rate is cheaper at night then probably most users would prefer to use their internet at night. Like when I have a writing project, I usually start writing after dinner time so I would have the luxury of silence when everyone in the house is already asleep. Maybe I should inquire with the internet provider on our subscription package.

12. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well to be honest this is the first time that i'm hearing of such offer or deal that is offered by an ISP, and it's quite interesting and intriguing, i'll definitely check it if it's available to me to take advantage of.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do take advantage of such offers. When I was using dial-up internet, I stayed up all night from 12 AM to 8 AM to surf the net for free. Now they don't seem to have this promo anymore for those who have limited bandwidth per month.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Lol, that long. Then when you were sleeping, in the morning?!

Well, I had take advantage of such thing only one time in the past. But I didn't woke up for whole night. I just put alaram and started my downloads and went to sleep again. I surely can't wake up for whole night even if I am getting free internet.

#14Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  15. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    To be honest here we don't have such advantages over nights. The night internet is the same as the daily one, and I am using it equally on day and night both. I mean, I am mostly using internet on my computer but when I am out of the house or something, I use internet on my mobile.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Yes I slept in the morning and I was up all night, lol. That was around 2006, I wasn't working yet, so I had all the time to stay up at night and sleep in the morning, lol. I woke up at around late afternoon already everday during those times.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania HA ha.. Then it is okay.

If I wake up like that to use such free service, then it is sure that I am going to sleep next day at my work place. So I would never take risk on this. Its okay if there is holiday on next day. But still I am not used to of it.

#17Jul 1, 2017
  18. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    Woow!! To me night internet is the fastest and the cheapest internet session. I think at night lots of people are asleep and the number of users is cut down drastically increasing internet speeds and lowering costs.
    There are certain drawbacks as well, including lost of valuable time to sleep. So depending on your daytime schedule, I may/may not recommend night internet for you.

19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, That's true, that's why only people who are bums or kids enjoying their summer vacation can take full advantage of that offer. The hours are not for those who are busy working day shift jobs.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Ha ha.. That's true. Day shift workers can't take benefit of such offer. Yes they can do the thing like I did. I mean if someone having big download then they can put alarm and start download in the computer or phone whatever and then sleep again. Like this they will not have to wake up for night and they can also take benefit of the offer. Lol

#20Jul 2, 2017