New Nokia Is Cheap

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alexandoy • Jun 23, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This new models of Nokia are revivals of the old model which is only good for texting and voice call. It is not a smart phone and has no internet facility. It’s cheap, however, and costing only around $20 in some online stores. And come to think of it, for those not into internet (the older generation had the cellphone for communication purposes only) why buy the expensive smart phone? That Nokia would be fine for your grandma.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you that phone is great for people who are not connected with technology and would need it for emergencies or just to call their loved ones. Those phones are ideal for the older generation as most don't really care for the internet or are just not capable of using it for one reason or another. That is a great price and opportunity for many people.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    The revival of old Nokia model is very ideal for the kids and those teenagers who are still studying. Acquiring a cellphone which sole purpose is for communication is best recommended this returning old Nokia model. Though the users especially the teens on the go couldn't use it in their social media communication like Facebook but they are saved from wasting their time on Facebook. Sooner or later these units would click for they are affordable indeed.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    The prices of Nokia products, for the most part, are usually cheaper when compared to the competition. I particularly don't like this brand (no particular reason for it), but the prices are good.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    The new Nokia 3310 has a built-in Opera browser, so you can still do basic browsing. It costs $50 though, I thought it would only cost around $35. Anyway here is a review of the unit, seems like a good phone for low maintenance users:

6. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you @Alexandoy@Alexandoy. My mom doesn't know how to use a smartphone and even after a number of times of teaching her she keeps forgetting and finds it difficult to use a smartphone as the only thing she does with the mobile phone is to talk. So, I am planning to get this new Nokia phone for her real soon.

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that the new nokia is expensive as far as features are concerned. If you compare the specifications with the Mi phone. You'd find that Nokia is rather expensive. And if you can make some quality comparison in such cases you'd find that nokia's not much of worth it. That's another reason I have switched to the Xiaomi.

8. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. I think Nokia is making another strategic mistake. The much hyped comeback of Nokia 3310 am afraid may not bring Nokia's glory back. In fact they are giving themselves a hard time of selling that low priced, low tech variety.
    I agree that peoplease nowadays own two phones, one is smart phone aND the other is ordinary phone with longer battery life. But again, was it necessary to provide for the latter?!

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an older Motorola phone that I no longer use since my daughter gave me an iPhone. I had a terrible time even making phone calls on this phone because the keyboard was so tiny, and it was hard to touch the right numbers. Reading that minuscule screen was even harder; so I never even tried to put any numbers into the memory for simpler dialing.
    And texting on that little phone was even worse ! It had the combined alpha-numeric keypad, so you had to touch your way through each one until you got to the correct letter, sometimes causing words to end up misspelled, and also causing a lot of frustration !
    Even though I mostly use my iPhone for necessary phone calls, and a few texts now and then, it is much easier for me to use than that little phone was, plus I have the extra capabilities when I need them.

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind buying those small Nokia phones because besides being cheap, I've had good experiences with Nokia in the past. Samsung have cheap GSM phones, too, but Nokia's models are cheaper and have more features. I think they're great for people like me who don't like to use the cellphone for texting and internet access. I just saw some models in the mall last weekend and they cost from $22 to $25. Are they actually newly manufactured products? Nokia might just be trying to sell their old inventory. Well, I can surely use them as replacement for my portable landline phone which has shorter battery life.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Actually they are cheap for $20. I like Nokia phones a lot they are strong and durable. In fact I use to conclude two phones in the market, Nokia and the others. That said, I cannot go back to that cheap phones simply because no internet facility. If I'm getting this Nokia phone for someone then he/she should be a person not interested in accessing the internet using phone. Another thing maybe grandma or grandpa with very little education right there in the village would find such phones useful.

12. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think the new Nokia 3310 is pretty cool but I'm just not sure if it's durable unlike the original ones. They added extra features like the screen being colored, camera, Bluetooth, memory card slot, dual sim and more which is a plus especially for people who doesn't want to buy expensive smartphones or just want to use it for calling and texting. I've read some reviews about it that the battery life sucks and won't last for 2 days even when you just use it for call and text, unlike it's predecessor. Perhaps it's because of the added features which eats a lot of juice.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    For those who don't need internet and other features and only need phone for calling purpose. Then yes it is the best option. By this way they can save the money by not going for smart phone and yes they will get good battery too compare to smart phone. So yes it is better option for sure.

14. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    Over the years the price of the Nokia has gone down because of supply/demand reasons and economic reasons which there are some reasons why for that. First not a lot of people buy Nokia so retailers have to lower their prices down so it looks appealing to people so they will more likely buy it. Then there is the fact that it does not take a lot of money to make a Nokia which is also why it does not cost a lot as it is not worth a lot. Lastly there is not as much popularity with using a Nokia as using an iphone or android. You should probably get a smartphone because there is much more capabilities and useful things on there.

15. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, Alexandoy I have seen this news about the Nokia phone. I think this phone will have success because it is a cheap phone, and there are many people who want a cheap phone and not a smart phone.
    If this phone will be like the old ones and its batterie will last for days, that would be a good benefit for the users!

16. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    Nokia is missing the point again. Why develop a text and calling phone only in the 21st century? When your rival Samsung is busy equipping low end phones with high end features. This is where Nokia is going wrong again and am afraid they may not manage it. At this time and age, Internet is almost free in most parts of the world. This is a resource that tech manufacturers should take advantage of and develop gadgets that will utilize that aspect.

Yes our grandma's can easily use a Nokia phone. But the next Gen grandma's will use any high end phone with ease.

17. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well this is a brand that I have not really heard from in a while, but at this point I am open to anything new. It seems like the competition is getting better and catching up and maybe the prices are better.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I think I will go for smart phones. No one text and calls anymore. People will rather use messenger because it is free of charge. All you need is an unlimited data plan.

This may work for my dad though. He refuses to use smartphones and have this mindset he can't use it.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes if someone not needed internet and all those new things, then this kind of feature phone is okay. But these days everybody wants smart phones. Even big age people prefer smart phone over simple feature phone. But yes it is depend on usage. If someone is okay then yes there are cheap phones and good enough for calling and messaging purpose.

20. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I do have a smartphone but I think its also nice to have an older model phone as an extra, especially one with history like the Nokia 3310. You can take this around to places where you might not want to take your expensive smartphone.