Never buy cheap earbuds from the Dollar Tree!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by SEA81 • Apr 22, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a pair of earbuds at Dollar Tree once and they immediately failed right out of the package.
    They were so bad that my tablet didn't even detect them as being plugged in, so music came out of the speaker, disturbing everyone at the library. Then when I got them to work, they only had sound in one ear. Dollar Tree is great, but not for earbuds or headphones.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I've never been a fan of cheap earphones either. If they are working correctly then the sound quality is generally dreadful and they rarely last longer than a few months. I'm still using the set that came with my iPod at the end of 2013. They still work as well as ever.

I wouldn't replace them with another Apple set though, I'm sure that similar quality can be obtained for a much lower price.

3. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased cheap earphones from any dollar store actually. I've bought so many items that I no longer need to purchase earphones. I did buy a pair of sony earphones though because it had the microphone on it as well but other than that I've stuck with my Apple earphones. I wouldn't purchase super expensive ones either.

4. charlesjohny8

charlesjohny8New Member

Threads:
    I have seen many such threads about dollar tree. As you know that they are giving every thing in cheap rates so you can expect such kind of incidents as well. Usually, buying a food things from dollar tree is good all other things specially electronics are very less durable and even they don't need a 1 dollar for them as well.

5. charlesjohny8

charlesjohny8New Member

Threads:
    It does not mean that we should not buy cheap headphones or earbuds. Cheap mean at least under 50 dollar. There are bundles of brands with under $50 range of price but they are awesome and durable enough to use.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I found that cheap ear buds stop working quickly too. The only ones that I ever found any good are the ones that come with your new product. They seem to go on for ever, I bought some from an economy store and they broke within 2 days so it's better to splash out a bit and buy some that are going to last.

7. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the advice, I never really thought of using Dollar Tree or general as a source to buy earbuds from. It is a good store but some of the products they sell are not the best. Honestly. walmart, target and best buy are the more ideal places for someone to buy good earbuds at a good price.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good to know though we don't have a Dollar Tree in Hawaii. At CVS there is an earbud going for 1.99. If you got CVS Extra Care Card which is free you get coupons and discounts from CVS too so when you get a 40% off on an item with your CVS card coupon you can get those earbuds even cheaper!

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think your right about buying earbuds at the dollar store and you probably get what you pay for-but I really do not use earbuds or like them myself. I would stick to headphones for listening to music,which I prefer and they are safer for your ears than earbuds- this is what the doctors say anyway -and besides headphones have better sound quality and are a bit more comfortable for your ears.