Need advice on bundle deals

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by jane211 • Sep 30, 2012.

1. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I don't currently use a bundle deal, I just use Orange for my Broadband.

Recently though, I have been looking for a bundle as they look to be much better value, and I could get a lot more for just a few pounds extra.

I wondered what other people's experiences of bundles were and if they were worthwhile.

Also, I wanted to know what the potential downsides were to using a bundle deal. For instance, if something goes wrong with on part, would this affect everything else?

2. warren4454

warren4454New Member

Threads:
    Iam not sure live at, but I go with Comcast out here.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Because you mention Orange Broadband, I assume you live in the UK. I have considered Sky, BT and Virgin bundles, but every time I sit to total the cost of all the add-ons, like BT's Unlimited Anytime Plan and Sky's Entertainment and Sports, both of which are essential for me, the cost works out the same, whether you take a bundle or pay for each service separately.

I believe the bundle works for those who are happy with the basic package of phone, broadband and TV, with no add-ons, in which case the bundled offer works out cheaper than taking each individual service from different providers separately.

Let's say you take a bundled Sky offer and sign a year-long contract for it, and you have a problem with their broadband speeds after two months or so, you may not be able to cancel this part of your bundle contract alone. Sky may try and help to rectify whatever it is that is causing the problem with your internet, but other than that, you cannot wriggle out of the contract. If you are really unhappy with one part, you may have to consider going in for an additional provider. So you will be left with two broadband connections (one that is connected and that you pay for, and one that you pay for as long as the contract lasts but are unhappy with). It is best to do your research by reading user reviews before going in for any bundled offers.

#3Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012