Myrtle Beach in Spring and Fall

Discussion in Travel started by ryels • Dec 4, 2012.

1. ryels

ryelsNew Member

Threads:
    For those of you looking for a cheaper beach vacation, try going to Myrtle Beach in the Spring or Fall. The crowds are low and the prices on hotels and rentals are way cheaper than summer.

The only real drawback is that the ocean is chillier (especially in Spring), so if you are someone who spends a lot of time in the ocean, this may not be the best time to go. But if you just enjoy being on the beach and doing some wading in the surf, it's perfect!

2. JLetterman

JLettermanNew Member

Threads:
    I agree! I just moved to Myrtle Beach two months ago, and I love it here! We are having a nice winter right now, and the spring will be awesome I'm sure. I cannot wait :)

3. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    We used to go in the very very early summer. The first week in June, maybe? And wow, the water was lovely and the crowds were low enough.

But do consider if you really love the ocean and want to go in Spring say to save some money, you can always get a wet-suit (second-hand) and enjoy the water plenty.

4. JLetterman

JLettermanNew Member

Threads:
    Yes that is so true about the wet suit....I see the surfers even out there right now during December heading into January. And the weather during the day is often warm. Many people are still out on the beach collecting shells and such. I just walked to the Springmaid Pier today to eat lunch at the Barnacle restaurant. It was a nice warm walk. Prices during the winter are even lower. However, as much fun as I had today, it is now raining with winds up to 30 mph and a low of 42 overnight. The weather changed just like that, but of course the weather across the country is bad right now. I would suggest to go during the spring or early summer like you guys are saying.

5. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    March can be cold in MB. Not all outdoor pools are heated, most are not unless they are enclosed. Some resorts have permanent enclosures and some use removable ones in the winter. Heating pools that are completely outdoors is very expensive.