More Savings In Electricity At Home

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Alexandoy • Nov 18, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you leave your appliances plugged in the socket when not in use? It’s all right for the electric fan but any appliance that has a pilot light consumes electricity. What we do is to plug the appliances on a surge protector with a switch. That is one convenient way of turning off the power completely. Some appliances that consumes power even when not turned on are the tv, the cable digibox, water dispenser and even the microwave particularly the model with a clock.

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest I usually only do this with my television and Microwave. I really don't have a computer at the my dorm aside from my laptop which is easier to deal with and I am not the type to leave my phone charged up at a socket for too long. When it comes to smaller appliances I immediately take them out of the socket not just to save money but power on the item.

3. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Apart from the computer, refrigerator, TV plug and phone charger, I remove all other plugs from the switch board when they are not in use. I also make sure that all switches are off when they are not being used. I read somewhere that if the appliances are plugged and the switch is off, it still draws some amount of electricity and removing the plugs always helps save more electricity. How much truth is there in this statement, I am not sure.

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I never leave my applianced plugged in. When I am not using the appliances, I not only switch it off but also plug out from the socket. When you leave your appliances pluggined, it will continue to consume electricity. Except for the fridge, I plug out all the applianced when not in use. I also save electricity by using renewal energy such as solar energy and biogas.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with the notion of plugging out or disabling the energy connection when not in use. Apart from the refrigerator, I always perform some form of disconnection of electricity to the appliances when their usage is not required because I know this will result in a reduction of my energy consumption billing.

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    the only thing that isn't unplugged at all in our house is the fridge. Aside from that, we tend to unplug everything when we aren't using them. It's a good way to save electricity and I think it's also a lot safer since your house won't catch fire because of faulty wires from appliances which are plugged even if they're not in use.