Money Saving Travel Apps

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Apr 25, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are thousands of apps which can aid you with anything. The good news for those who love to travel is that there are some travel apps which can save you money. While you can get most of the information using Google, they make it a lot easier to find whatever it is you are looking for.

Some good apps that might save you money:

Roomer - Roomer is the marketplace for hotel reservations. Book a discounted hotel room from other travelers selling their room

Hipmunk - We search hundreds of travel sites to find the best prices and take the agony out of travel planning.

Skiplagged - Skiplagged is an airfare search engine that will make you realize that it's sometimes cheaper to buy more flights than you need.

2. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I must say there are lots of travel apps now that help us in different ways. Some of them are just for information and some are used for booking. I am thankful to you to introduce me with these apps.

3. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    Lastminute is also quite useful in trying to find hotel rooms at a cheap and discounted price, they also have an app and their website is quite good. Of course you can also use other aggregators like Booking.com or eBookers to compare flights or hotel options to see which one best suits you. This can be a lot better than simply looking on the website for one specific airline or hotel.

4. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    zenfive! I never try Lastminute to find the location or book any hotel but now, I will check it before selecting or book and room..

5. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    Thank You so much OP for the information for Skiplagged, because I will be traveling in August abroad. I seen some good deals on their site that is really reasonable. You made my day!:)

6. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know these money saving apps mentioned by OP. However, I have used couple of money saving apps. One that I find very handly is Make My Trip. I don't know whether this is available in other countries or not but if you book hotel in India using this app you will get one nighr free. Another hotel booking app is trivago. It compares prices of hotels and give you a better suggestions.

7. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I just saw this post in the right time because I have been planning a trip abroad and I am so glad to know about all the useful travel apps available which make the booking of flights and finding a hotel at a reasonable cost easier. I have never tried travel apps before except for a few times and I think this will be a great opportunity for me to utilise it properly. :)