Money-saving Phone Apps

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 22, 2015.

1. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    I'd like to make a suggestion for an additional section for Money Saving Apps that we all have on our smartphones. Anyone who uses them will tell you that they are a big part of how they shop for groceries, apparel, etc. I check my apps daily and plan ahead by pulling out coupons to match up with the app rebates. I think a section for money saving phone apps would be a favorite place to post for many people.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I second that, and add, Money Making Apps, as well. After all, if we're making more, we can spend and/or save more.

3. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea, I think it could be really helpful for people who spend a lot online and perhaps they can save quite a few money through their purchases. I have heard of such applications but I've never personally used one. I think it's a good idea and I support this!

4. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    The best money saving app i have is my banking app, it is not designed as a money saving app it is purely for online banking but is a money saving app to me by default.

I now always have my bank account details to hand and can check my account day and night within minutes. This has saved me countless times from spending too much and going overdrawn, incurring bank charges. Unexpected charges can hit all of us no matter how well you plan your finances. I know exactly the state of my account on a daily basis and act accordingly. There is no better way to track it, this app has saved me a fortune.

5. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    That's actually really well put. I also favour my banking app because I can track my finances and know where I'm messing up a lot and when I need to cut down on certain things.

6. Trisha Wagner

Trisha WagnerNew Member

Threads:
    I completely agree. I have many apps on my phone that make me money or get me free giftcards or rewards. There definitely needs to be something on here for people to tell about them.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite money saving app on my touch devices are my apps that tell me when something goes free, especially ones that notify me when other apps become free because it saves me a lot of money that I'd otherwise have to spend on paying for apps. This way, I can test more apps and games beyond what is free on the App Store because I have access to notifications of when certain paid apps are made free for a certain period usually due to promotional reasons.

8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Money making, money saving, store location and shopping-oriented apps would be a nice addition to the forums.

As time goes by, there are many money-making apps that are legitimate, some others provide you with coupons, deals and price comparison to help us saving money.

However the same that a store location app can guide us through when the best deal is not in one's own area, shopping-oriented apps can help us, whether organizing our shopping lists, making budgets based on our weekly menu, and jot down our own price comparison list based on brick and mortar stores at the place each of us live.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that is a very good idea...Someone on another forum posted that she had made over 2,000 dollars in terms of cash and gift cards on my perks. That is amazing, and being able to discuss some of the better apps would be a great way to find out the ones that work. I always read the reviews online as well before adding one.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd love to get one of those money-making apps as well. But wouldn't it be the same as, say, an app for all your freelancing gigs or something to that effect? Regardless, any app that would help me generate income rather than spend money would be more than welcome.

11. laurelbell85

laurelbell85Member

Threads:
    What apps are these? The only one that I have is PanelApp. I also have an app called ShopKick. Ibotta is pretty cool too because you get rebates based on your purchases at stores. Ebates is also really good (if you do online shopping, might as well get your money back) I have posted links at the bottom.

Link to join for PanelApp: http:bit.ly/1JZVoNr (just keep the app on you with your location services turned on and answer brief surveys about your days' activities)

Link for ibotta:

(you can earn an extra $10 bucks when you sign up with this link and redeem your first rebate..super simple)

Link for Shopkick: http:get.shopkick.com/safe51595 (you get points just for walking into stores..so easy)

Link to eBates:

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is also Checkpoint 51. ReceiptHog is another app that can help you save money at stores. The Walmart Savings Catcher App is another possibility when it cones to shopping. Cartwheel from Target is another shopping app, and I am sure there are others. I would like to get as many apps as possible, and utilize them appropriately Some don't seem to be as helpful or user friendly as others however.

13. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    People don't realize but Swagbucks can be used as a money-saving app. I use it to clip coupons all the time, especially those related to restaurants and the like. Try it. You don't have to jump through the hoops either.

14. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I think these apps are quite useful because a coin saved is a coin earned. A discussion topic on there apps would be useful to compare their validity, usefulness, merits and demerits. Apps are being created every other day and the ones you have listed so far sound credible and are worth trying out.