Money Saving Expert (UK)

Discussion in Local Deals (Daily Deal Sites) started by Sandra Piddock • Apr 6, 2012.

1. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I discovered Martin Lewis'

site a few years ago after seeing him on TV. This site does what it says on the tin. If you follow only a few of the tips there, you will save money - lots of it. The site is easy to navigate, and Lewis has a light writing style that makes for easy reading. More importantly, he knows his stuff and takes no prisoners, so he'll tell you about the best deals and warn you off the worst ones.

Recent deals include an £8 lipstick for free, tomato seeds for free, and 35% of Domino's Pizzas. You'll never miss a good deal, because there's a weekly email with the latest money saving tips, and reminders about the best deals.

The feature I found most useful was the

. If you only ever pay the minimum balance on your credit card, you'll be amazed at how long it will take to pay it back.

This is just one of the impressive features on this great site. Although it's a UK-based site, many of the money saving articles are relevant wherever you are in the world. Take a look and see how much you can shave off the family budget.

2. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I completely agree, this is a great site! I found out about it after seeing him on Watchdog. There's always some great deals on there.

3. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    It IS a really good site. You can sign up for a weekly newsletter which is a round up of all the best deals and so on, to save you having to trawl through the entire site.

4. Lee

LeeNew Member

Threads:
    I love money saving expert! Wonderful resource, some really interesting and knowledgable people on their forum, after you wade through the idiots anyway! :)