Money in PayPal

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Gelsemium • Oct 31, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just email them and ask them what would be the best way to move forward. Actually, I don't feel that Paypal do not respond well to emails. I have emailed them in the past and gotten no response at all. You are much better off posting the question in their forum and having someone who represents Paypal or works for them answer you, to be on the safe side :)

2. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    PAYPAL is safe and secure. I once have more than 500 dollars in my account and it works perfectly fine, but I havent been able to have 1000 plus in my account so I dont know if a problem might occur if you have such amount in Paypal. So far Paypal is working great with me.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard about anyone getting in trouble for having too much money in their PayPal account. The only reason you might be flagged is that they take security seriously and it probably would be suspicious if you got a lot of money in their all at once. If you are consistent with your earnings and your account grows, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Well I got a little more-nervous after watching HACKERS (Angelina Jolie, Jonny Lee Miller). And digging much into 'researching the U.S. money-system' can make you even more-nervous (because you realize that 'money' today is (unless you deal only in cash) basically just 'people believing that you have the amount of money the bank wrote down somewhere' and that--if someone can get access to the bank's "ledger" (which is now a database in cyberspace) and change it without the bank's awareness--they "stole" your money just as surely as if they broke into your own personal vault and swiped the honest-to-goodness real cash!)

... whoa! Had to catch my breath there! Accessing some latent kleptophilomania! ;)

5. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I think I've called PayPal before so if you're having an issue, I'd give them a call. I was able to talk to a live person, although I did have to wait for just a bit. Sometimes problems like the one you're having are better explained over the phone rather than trying to explain it in an e-mail. I'm sure you can get it resolved, one way or the other.

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't experienced any sort of problem with my Paypal account whatsoever even though I've had around $200 - $350 there at some point. Paypal is definitely strict regarding the security of their system so if they sense that you're doing something illegal, they're gonna take a look at your account and recent activity. You don't have anything to worry about though as long as you're not doing anything fishy.

7. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I use my PayPal account to receive payment from my online writing. My older son is living with me and waiting to get a disability approved. Occasionally we have to ask his pother to help with a few dollars, since I am on a small SS check and have been having trouble writing due to a recent injury. We have been using green-dot, but they no longer sell re-loads . I have tried to get her to open a PayPal account, but she has issues (really). Have suggested she get prepaid card and open paypal with that.

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    My amount of money in Paypal generally fluctuates monthly. I always use my money in Paypal to buy things online whenever I have the opportunity. Right now I have somewhere around $20 in there because of something large that I bought last month.

9. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't believe in storing my money in Paypal, yes even for online transactions. Firstly, you may not be able to store your money in Paypal. It depends on your country of residence. Paypal does auto withdrawals to bank accounts of some countries conforming to their federal bank rules. If you want to do online transactions, you can add your credit card/debit card to your PayPal account and buy anything on the net.

Besides, if you leave your money in a bank, you will earn interest, but you get nothing in Paypal. The main problem is, you may run the risk of getting your funds locked if someone files a frivolous chargeback, even if you didn't do anything wrong!

10. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    My ex finally decided to use PayPal to send money to us for my son. I guess she saw that she did not have to actually open an account, or perhaps realized that it was safer than when she uses her bank card to order stuff online. I haven't gotten the details from her about exactly what she did, but I bet she ends up using PayPal for other online transactions. I notice that Greendot and PayPal are now linked, and a Greendot moneypack can be used to add money directly to PayPal. I know that there is some b usiness relationswhip, does anyone know the details?

11. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using PayPal for quite a while, and I've been satisfied well with it, not only because it's a safe and secure way to pay, but it's also a safe and secure way to get paid! Man, it's just so easy to give your email out and be paid directly to it, without them having to know any extra information, I think it would make a great bank, without having to have a lot of information on it, but it is a great alternative to a Visa, only if all accepted PayPal, then fees would drop, and it would be even better!

12. MMercury

MMercuryNew Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of someone getting in trouble for having a lot of money in their paypal account. That seems like a really odd rule for paypal to have. Anyway, the most I have ever had in paypal was $130. I tend to withdraw at least $50 when I hit $100. I like to leave a little money in my account at all times just in case have have to pay something through paypal or I want to buy a little gift on steam/League of Legends.

13. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of someone getting in trouble either and I think the only time you would get in trouble is if you're in negative balance or you're under 18.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    From what I understand they do tend to get suspicious when the balance gets a bit overboard but as far as I know they don't get to that point unless the amount is of an absurd amount. I think anything below $500 should be fairly safe but unless you are getting hit by a lot of fees by withdrawing so frequently I think the way you are doing it is alright enough.

15. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I never thought about being suspicious. I never withdraw any money, but I do receive a lot of funds and by a lot I don't mean a lot in terms of quantity, I mean a lot in terms of frequency, I frequently get about 5 dollars, to 25 dollars a week, so how much do I need to wait for till I withdraw it into my bank account? I currently have about 80 dollars in balance.

16. HunkyDoire

HunkyDoireMember

Threads:
    yeah, I don't even wait all the time for paypal to transfer it to my bank, I opted for the debit card, it is more convenient and takes less time to get paid. I have never had an issue. In fact, one time, they even granted me like a $25 'front' when i was in a really tight spot, because I had a great history with them (and also I had rewards from using the debit card so frequently). The only issues I have had is companies taking forever to pay me, when they could send a direct payment but instead insisting on sending a electronic check that takes DAYS to go thru!

17. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    That's really informative. I think I've tried debit cards before but it didn't work so I had to use my credit card to withdraw. Although, did you have any problems or did any problems occur before when you did it? Like, did they inform you about anything or whatnot?

18. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not 100% sure on this issue. The most that I've had saved in my paypal was around $220 (because I was saving to purchase something online via paypal). My boyfriend sometimes has somewhere around $5,000 in his paypal and he hasn't said anything other than the fees he has to pay to withdraw it. I think it is okay to have a lot, but maybe people have gotten their accounts locked because these payments were linked with illegal business, like drugs?

19. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I never heard that having a big amount of money in paypal will cause trouble or something. I believe you can have any amount without worries. Paypal is very useful for me. I been using it for many years and never encounter any problem although I don't have a big amount of money in my paypal acount.:)

20. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Paypal account has a few dollars for now since I am a newbie in the internet particularly in online earnings. Maybe someday I will experience withdrawing money from Paypal into my bank account. Truly that would be a new experience to me that I hope would be fulfilled soon.