Money in PayPal

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Gelsemium • Oct 31, 2014.

1. angielou123

angielou123New Member

Threads:
    I have used paypal for around 4 years now and never had a problem. The main thing I use it for is being paid money ive earned from survey sites. I usually transfer it to my bank account often though so theres never much in there. It makes buying things online easier aswell, even if theres no money n the PP account, I still pay by PP and it comes out of the bank account linked.

2. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I like to keep my money in my bank account instead of PayPal solely because I like to be able to buy things using my card, and also I have the choice to of having PayPal debiting money straight from my card. This is pretty useful for me because I buy a lot of things online. I do a lot of work through PayPal though, so it's a pretty essential service for me.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is pretty much the same situation I have, with the difference that I've been using for just around two years. It's comforting to know that you have been using it for longer with no issues, that's exactly what I expect to happen with me. :)

4. helpingcollier4

helpingcollier4Member

Threads:
    I have used PayPal for about three years with no trouble. As someone else said, it is easier to earn money from survey sites by having the money deposited into PayPal. I also use it for online shopping, and if there is ever a problem with a transaction, PayPal serves as a good arbiter of the dispute. They hold the money where the other party cannot get to it until the situation is settled. I haven't had any trouble with them in three years, though I can't speak to their PayPal debit card service since I don't use that part of PayPal.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ok, that's really put my mind at ease. I think there was another thread that discussed the fact that people's money seems to go down, I think maybe due to currency exchange fluctuations? I was getting a bit worried, but I think I can now relax as I have nowhere near as much as what you guys have and your money's safe. So thanks for this thread :)

6. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:

I would imagine it does have to do with exchange rates; I have US money on my Paypal, but I'm Canadian, so the actual amount they show me will vary a lil' daily, depending on the rate, yet the original US$ amount is still the same.

I get the Paypal money slowly, but I'm in no hurry to transfer it to my bank account. I like to have some US funds, in case I need to buy online something and I'd rather not go through the conversion rate twice, you usually lose out on those.

7. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I have never met anyone who mistrusted PayPal. EBay pushes PayPal so that's a lot of trust there. I haven't had any problems but then I do not deal in large deposits or withdrawals. One good thing too is just about all of the on line paid surveys use them so there is another testimony you can use.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    PayPal and Ebay are no longer working together so I've heard, but I think that for us private clients it's the perfect tool and I am not seeing anyone stop using PayPal to trade it for another service because it's totally reliable.

9. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I really hope that it's not an issue as I've been accumulating a lot of money there and haven't yet sent any money to my proper current account. I think for some peace of mind I'm going to send the money to my account in the coming days. I guess I want know how efficient the process is until I try.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another one here who is quite happy with Paypal. I'm in the UK but get paid mainly in dollars, so I always keep an eye on the exchange rates. If I don't need my money immediately and the rate is a little low, I often wait for it to increase before withdrawing.

11. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    That is a very good idea; it happens so many times that I get bad currency exchange rates if I need money fast, to be flexible enough to make sure to get the best deal sure is a good way to get the most of your money.

12. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I love using paypal and I have never had a problem with it. I did have an issue with tranfring to my bank account once as this is such a big deal in South Africa but paypal were very helpful and they called me to find out how they could help and they called again to get feedback and to see if the problem was resolved.

13. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using the paypal debit card to spend the money from my paypal account. I'm not crazy about the fees but doing it that way keeps my mad money (money I earn online that's not part of the household budget) separate from the household accounts.

14. Gelsemium

Threads:
    There are fees to use the PayPal debit card Feneth? I was unaware of that, how much are those fees if you don't mind me asking? If I was to pay fees because of using the PayPal card I would rather use the card from my bank account where I pay no fees at all...

15. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    It's $4.95 per month. Plus Paypal charges you $1.50 in addition to the atm charge when you withdraw cash at an atm and sometimes when you get cash back on a purchase at the register. There are rewards and interest that may offset that if you use it enough or keep enough in it but I don't

16. Mika

MikaMember

Threads:
    As long as the money is coming from reputable places there shouldn't be any problem. I quite often have $150-200 in there and I nearly always have at least $50. It's not really any different from a regular bank account. If you're pulling money from shady places you'll be flagged, if you're using it in a legit manner then everything's fine. I've been using them for years and never had any issues. I have hundreds going in and out of it monthly. Pretty much all of my bills are paid through PayPal and I nearly always use my PayPal card.

What...? I think you need to talk to PayPal about that monthly fee there.

. I've had my card for months, maybe years, and I've never had to pay any sort of monthly fee. The ATM fee is there of course, but not a monthly one.

. No monthly fee listed. I've never been charged for getting cash back either. It will decline if I don't have enough money in my account, but it won't charge me. I'm not sure what's going on, but something's screwy.

I actually use multiple emails for them myself. I have various emails that I use for different things (basically to make sorting e-mails easier since I easily got 20-100 a day). My main PayPal email is linked to my email I use for banking, school, other important things. Then I have 3 other emails linked for different types of reward sites I use. It's nice to have multiple ones linked so if something happens for some reason, you can remove the problematic email. For example, let's say you got a virus on your computer that stole log in details. If you use one of the alternate emails to log in, you can just delete the email that is being abused and then they won't be able to log in anymore. If you were using only one email, you could potentially be locked out and get crazy charges. It's mostly security in my case.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never leave money in my Paypal account. It's a bad idea. As soon as I cash out out from my online websites, and it goes into my Paypal account, I withdraw it to my bank account. Paypal have been known to freeze accounts, so if they ever decide to freeze a person's account, it is better that the money is not in there and in the bank account instead. Also, I find that if I leave money in my account, it decreases according to the currency conversion rates, which is infuriating.

18. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had any problems with paypal. I have had up to $100 at one time in my account.
    Usually I withdraw the contents of my account at the end of the month anyway; not because I am afraid of getting into trouble but because I wanna keep track of what I make from my online work every month.

I have never really heard of any troubles stemming from having a lot of money in your account as long as the money is legitimate.

19. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never had anything, personally, happen to my Paypal account. But I have heard many stories, and was worried that something would happen, and so I posted a thread on the Paypal forum, asking if my account would be safe if I suddenly went from having little to no money in there, to having relatively larger amounts of money in there. It seemed like they'd review it. I didn't get an answer that made me feel safe with my account.

20. Phillip

PhillipNew Member

Threads:
    I hope not. I just recently signed up to rejoin pay pal account the 2nd time. I lost the password to my first one so I recreated the 2nd pay pal account. Now I found the password for the first pp account and don't know if I should close the 2nd one. So far, no troubles.